teleporter not connected with grass town after egg corridor?

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So after finishing egg corridor i assume the teleporter (as sue says) should now be connected with Grass Town but somehow (despite the computer saying 'connected to grasstown' still only let me go to egg corridor.

Anyone has experienced this or knows a solution?

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:36 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Deja vu

It should work fine...
Although, I don't remember all that you had to do to set the flags properly, did you make sure you talked with everyone? Everyone?
Besides that, it could be possible that you discovered one of the few glitches in Cave Story, like the one in Grasstown where....er, don't read this unless you want spoilers.
You can skip Chaco and cause it so the Jellies don't spawn, and thus be unable to make the bomb and continue the game.
That would mean you'd have to either restart Cave Story from the begining or get a profile.dat save from the Tribute Site.
I'd just talk with everyone and such again, just to make sure.

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:51 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
I think you just didn't notice the teleporter menu screen. You can select your destination after you select the teleporter.

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:04 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I do believe you have to talk to Sue in her Cage before it will let you go. Otherwise how does the protagonist know why he's going to Grasstown?

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think you just didn't notice the teleporter menu screen. You can select your destination after you select the teleporter.

i don't have a teleporter menu.

it just says "egg corridor" ... "do you want to go the egg corridor? [y/n]". The computer next to the teleporter says "connected to grasstown" so this doesn't seem intentional.

I do believe you have to talk to Sue in her Cage before it will let you go. Otherwise how does the protagonist know why he's going to Grasstown?

talked to her like 10 times, running in and out of arthur's house but that didn't change it. Sue just says something like "you can use the teleporter in arthur's house to get to grass town, please save my brother" every time.

That would mean you'd have to either restart Cave Story from the begining or get a profile.dat save from the Tribute Site.
I'd just talk with everyone and such again, just to make sure.

Restarting Cave story wouldn't be that bad, since getting there doesn't take that long if you know what to do (this barrier in the egg corridor took quite some time...), just a little bit annoying.

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Hold that Doukutsu

Hmm...
Any chance you could sense us the Profile.dat you have right now?
It'd be interesting to see if there's another glitch, and maybe even figure out what caused it...

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:33 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
oh... i just found it, somehow i just didnt see that green teleporter menu.. only looked at the chat at the bottom and thought there was just that [yes/no] menu.

anyway, thanks for your help <3, i can finally continue!

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:41 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator