Super Street Nito's Journey 4 EX Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2010 at 7:44 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey guys.

I've been making this game as an inside joke for my close friends but I figure most of you like to try out mods and I think mine is pretty fun. Now, I must warn you I did rip some music/art/whatever from others on these forums but cave story is free anyway and I hope some of you see it the way I do.

Anyway have fun. If it gets deleted somehow like my last thread just PM me or leave a msg on my wall and I'll try to give you the link.

Peace.

Should be under Works.

LINK REMOVED DUE TO VIOLATION OF THE FORUM RULES

diph.php

May 9, 2010 at 8:17 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
I found this....... Interesting.....
( I played for about a minute then I was like what.)

May 9, 2010 at 10:02 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I played it till the misery fight. It'll be hilarious to your friends, but we won't get the refrences.

Also is B-Ping in any way related to the MMA fighter Michael Bisping?

May 9, 2010 at 10:08 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
You should get permission to use music. Even if you get that, i can't say anything about this mod.

May 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Did you bother to at all comprehend why your mod might have been removed last time? Like, maybe by reading some of the words in the posts?

Now you've not just got my material without permission but also the other people's music >_> (and who knows what else)

I can understand maybe doing it once because you weren't aware of the rules but to do the same thing again when the first one got taken down? That's just dumb.

May 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Yea, taking other people`s stuff without permission is wrong. I can understand that you are lazy (I`m lazy too so I know:rolleyes:), but stealing is wrong. You will get negative feedback and your mods removed. Many (like me) won`t even bother with the download because of this. Remove all the "borrowed" content and AFTER THAT the community might play (at least I will) your mod especially if u say it`s funny. My good advice is that if you change your borrowing habits you could be a nice contribute to the community, but until then you will receive mostly hostility. Best wishes to make the right choice.

May 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM
Pirate Member
trickybilly said:
Yea, taking other people`s stuff without permission is wrong. I can understand that you are lazy (I`m lazy too so I know:rolleyes:), but stealing is wrong. You will get negative feedback and your mods removed. Many (like me) won`t even bother with the download because of this. Remove all the "borrowed" content and AFTER THAT the community might play (at least I will) your mod especially if u say it`s funny. My good advice is that if you change your borrowing habits you could be a nice contribute to the community, but until then you will receive mostly hostility. Best wishes to make the right choice.

The mod wasn't that funny either way. It was basically references to his friend whats-his-name playing too much WoW.

May 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Noxid said:
Did you bother to at all comprehend why your mod might have been removed last time? Like, maybe by reading some of the words in the posts?

Now you've not just got my material without permission but also the other people's music >_> (and who knows what else)

I can understand maybe doing it once because you weren't aware of the rules but to do the same thing again when the first one got taken down? That's just dumb.

i did briefly read the posts lol

something about people crying i used the stuff others made...

but u guys are hypocrites if u think that way... u stole from pixel? lol, rite this is dumb so i wont be replying anymore. play it if u want no one is forcing anyone

its a give and take world

most games are made by multiple people. and this stuff isn't copy righted material so those arguments are laughable to say the least.

May 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
ericjlima said:

but u guys are hypocrites if u think that way... u stole from pixel? lol, rite this is dumb so i wont be replying anymore. play it if u want no one is forcing anyone

most games are made by multiple people. and this stuff isn't copy righted material so those arguments are laughable to say the least.

The game may not be, however, the hacks and music are.

So you are using anothers work without their consent to it.

Yeah, this little thread will be gone soon.

Might wanna learn how this forum works dude. If someone makes a hack or posts their music, ya gotta ASK THEM in order to use it. Otherwise, those are off-limits. Not the game, but the hacks and music. So yer, here, the hacks and music DO belong to those that made them.

Make your own stuff.

Oh, and inb4 LOCK PLZ. AND LINK DELETION, PLZ.

May 9, 2010 at 9:42 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Flame mod is flame

ericjlima said:

One:
Pixel has already, begrudgingly, said he was somewhat alright with mods.
That means none of our mods have stole anything, we've gotten permission. {Unlike you}
Two:
Each mod put in it's own work, work that does not belong to the original Cave Story, work that belongs only to them.
You have stole this, and without permission, and with your previous point about "lolol it's okay to steal from these mods because they stole from pixel" now disproven, this makes what you've done even more wrong.

Learn about what you're trying to talk about, before you make yourself look like a dumbass.
But, you probably won't care or read this, from what you said in your previous post, so good riddance.

May 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Re: Flame mod is flame

VoidMage_Lowell said:
One:
Pixel has already, begrudgingly, said he was somewhat alright with mods.
That means none of our mods have stole anything, we've gotten permission. {Unlike you}
Two:
Each mod put in it's own work, work that does not belong to the original Cave Story, work that belongs only to them.
You have stole this, and without permission, and with your previous point about "lolol it's okay to steal from these mods because they stole from pixel" now disproven, this makes what you've done even more wrong.

Learn about what you're trying to talk about, before you make yourself look like a dumbass.
But, you probably won't care or read this, from what you said in your previous post, so good riddance.

No, but other's will agree, and respect members like you more than this trash.

I'm absolutely appalled by the blatant AND inaccurate ripoffs in this mod, both graphically, and in gameplay.

It's disrespectful to use a song, or tileset, or even a simple sound in a completely different manner than it was intended for, not to mention placing tilesets sloppily all over the place...

Man, i don't even know where to start with this, there's too much to say, but much of it has already been said.

One last note:

photographs =/= facepics.

May 9, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Pirate Member

Anyways I really don't understand why you'd put this in here, since this mod was made for your friend.

May 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

WoodenRat said:
Anyways I really don't understand why you'd put this in here, since this mod was made for your friend.

10 to 1 says that it was just to "show off"

May 10, 2010 at 5:57 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
So basically, I'm going to outline what this mod contains that isn't original (Pretty much the whole darn thing):
-Wedge of cheese's music (most frequently used was the dying music)
-To be continued from Schism I think
-2 of the orgs I've made (one of which was an original composition)
-Jackalope's Phoenix Wright music (title screen)
-Noxid's tileset (the crystal cave one)
-Tetris room from wtf story (from v 0.3 and later, due to the wait times for the block to fall down)
-That one stage from boostmania with no gravity and screen scrolls to the right

I think that's about it.

The last thing I'll note is the final boss (which is in the boostmania stage, the underwater undead core) is resprited horribly as well, mainly since he just pasted a bunch of asian's faces onto the sprites. Rather, well, on par with the quality of the rest of the mod to be honest.

Despite that it's a piece of shit, this guy seems to have some grasp of modding. At least in that he looks like he can use TSC, which I guess a 6-year old could do.

And hey, why hasn't this been deleted yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.