Steam Disk Write Error

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hello,
This may not be the fourm site to ask, but I try to install or update some steam games, but it keeps on saying DISK WRITE ERROR. Could someone help?

I tryed to get on the Steam Powered fourms, but it dosen't recognize my account, so my last resort is this site.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's probably your hard drive; it could be partially broken or needs cleaned. I found someone with a similar error here - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3030618
Scroll through and try the solutions listed there. If none of them work it's most likely your hard drive; take your computer into a repair service. you can also get this fixed if it's still under warranty.
I hope I helped (>^o^)>

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Forever 12
ThePalm-TopTiger said:
It's probably your hard drive; it could be partially broken or needs cleaned. I found someone with a similar error here - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3030618
Scroll through and try the solutions listed there. If none of them work it's most likely your hard drive; take your computer into a repair service. you can also get this fixed if it's still under warranty.
I hope I helped (>^o^)>
Thanks, I do not have it fixed, but I forgot to mention, this started happening after I transfered my steam folder to a different location. Should I try reinstalling steam?

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Yeah, when I tried to move my steam folder once, I had to reinstall steam. So that should fix it.

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Forever 12
Thatnamelessguy said:
Yeah, when I tried to move my steam folder once, I had to reinstall steam. So that should fix it.
Thank you, Im currently doing this right now.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
A simple rule of thumb is that if a program isn't working chances are you should re-install it.

Please try this (unless something is stopping you from doing so) before asking.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Why would you even move the steam folder? Of course that would break it.

You really just shouldn't ever move program folders around unless you absolutely HAVE to.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:53 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
There is a rather simple way to move the steam folder, there's a tutorial for it on steam support. Just delete all the files in the folder except steam.exe and your steamapps folder and move it.