Starcraft users, ASSEMBLE!!!!

May 23, 2009 at 2:07 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeap, just started a Starcraft group, for all of the Starcraft users in these forums who want to play with each other, ^.^
It's mostly because Bnet's gotten so freakin' boring, as of late, and the noob count's constantly doubling....
Anyways, for those interested, join the group and list your Starcraft user name! That way we can play together on Starcraft!!
I've got tons of awesome maps. Khan's really good at the Starcraft editor, :D

Also, now's a time for those interested to play Starcraft to join!! You'll now have a safe haven of friends when you get on Battle.net, =D

May 23, 2009 at 3:04 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Sweet, an SC group. That's like, one of my most favorite games.

May 23, 2009 at 11:28 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
....?

Come on, only one other SC player?
You guys better not be hiding =P

I'm on Starcraft, right now, :D
{@USEast, of course}

May 23, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
I am, but i dont own a real copy, so i cant use battle.net, and plus i dont have access to decent internet atm so it doesnt really matter

May 24, 2009 at 2:56 AM
Fuck, Void, get on SC. I just got home from dinner and I need somebody to play against.

May 24, 2009 at 2:57 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Wait...

Moddex said:
Fuck, Void, get on SC. I just got home from dinner and I need somebody to play against.
You mean UMS, right?
Not so great at the micro and macro of Melee...

May 24, 2009 at 5:19 AM
No ill, Void, but those maps I tried out... Really friggin' sucked. 9 times out of 10, I had no clue what to do or if I was doing anything right. ._.;

I just prefer playing the real game and not these weird, makeshift games...

May 24, 2009 at 5:25 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
What!

Moddex said:
No ill, Void, but those maps I tried out... Really friggin' sucked. 9 times out of 10, I had no clue what to do or if I was doing anything right. ._.;

I just prefer playing the real game and not these weird, makeshift games...
Weird? Makeshift? Rigged?
You, ser, rush to conclusions.
You cannot possibly base a maps quality solely on your first play.
And it always seems rigged to a newbie when they go up against a pro....
Khan's maps actually require thought and effort, you can't just rush in and expect to win...
Which is why his maps are typically non-newb friendly..

Now if you want a REALLY anti-newb map, play We Are Friend. {Starcraft map}

May 24, 2009 at 6:09 AM
Seriously, a map's controls shouldn't be beyond basically looking at it, knowing what does what, and from THEN on, figure out what to do. It's like handing a kid a board game and not telling him how to play. You got game pieces, cards, and tokens all on an intricate game board. BUT WHAT CAN THAT ALL MEAN!? It's meaningless without PROPER instructions. And PROPER instructions is something all those games seriously lacked.

May 24, 2009 at 6:12 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heheheh

Moddex said:
Seriously, a map's controls shouldn't be beyond basically looking at it, knowing what does what, and from THEN on, figure out what to do. It's like handing a kid a board game and not telling him how to play. You got game pieces, cards, and tokens all on an intricate game board. BUT WHAT CAN THAT ALL MEAN!? It's meaningless without PROPER instructions. And PROPER instructions is something all those games seriously lacked.
Like I said, try playing "We Are Friend" for the first time.
Starcraft maps typically lack instructions because of how hard it'd be to add them in {Really old game}, and how no one reads them anyways.
Did I mention that every time I played Random Villian Arena, I'll tell everyone to read the briefing, and newbs still go "how do i do that this is dum n rigged"

Gonna have to excuse me if I get a bit angry, but I've figured out harder maps with less instructions much quicker, so I don't see what the trouble is....

May 24, 2009 at 6:17 AM
The briefing didn't specify game mechanics whatsoever. No argument. It quite poorly detailed how to even use any of the power ups. I tried reading the briefing, but I was instantly slammed into the game. The objectives (aka spell list) provided ABSOLUTELY no useful information other than the possible spells the characters had and not once did it outline how to even use the damn things. I don't believe the maps are rigged, I simply believe they lack any depth in explanation, leaving most players completely confused.

May 24, 2009 at 6:25 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Hahahah.

Moddex said:
The briefing didn't specify game mechanics whatsoever. No argument. It quite poorly detailed how to even use any of the power ups. I tried reading the briefing, but I was instantly slammed into the game. The objectives (aka spell list) provided ABSOLUTELY no useful information other than the possible spells the characters had and not once did it outline how to even use the damn things. I don't believe the maps are rigged, I simply believe they lack any depth in explanation, leaving most players completely confused.
Wanna name me a map that gives a completely new player a full list of instructions?

The briefing was pretty straight foward:
Everyone gets a random Villian
You get to use 3 different spells per char
You get a comeback mineral each time you die
Get to set number of kills to win

And like I said in the game, figuring out the spells is half the fun ;D

You've got to work at the game to learn it. You didn't learn all of Starcraft's mechanics after the first mission, did you?

May 24, 2009 at 6:38 AM
You can't possibly begin to understand a game without being at least briefed on what keys to press. Starcraft itself outlined its own mechanics briefly and it worked.

And THERE!
You get to use 3 different spells per char
Did that ever ONCE say how to even use these spells? No, instead, you'll basically just run around a board frantically with one character who you must rely on their default mode of attacks in order to defend yourself since you have NO idea what to click/press to use these spells you have. THAT'S why everyone was not understanding the map. THAT'S why I don't play these UMS games.

I stick with what was intended by the game designers. It's the whole reason why I play this game in the first place. Not to cast aside its intended design to play an attempt at trigger-tricking a game to behave like a different one.

May 24, 2009 at 6:44 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Tsk, tsk, tsk

Moddex said:
You can't possibly begin to understand a game without being at least briefed on what keys to press. Starcraft itself outlined its own mechanics briefly and it worked.

And THERE!

Did that ever ONCE say how to even use these spells? No, instead, you'll basically just run around a board frantically with one character who you must rely on their default mode of attacks in order to defend yourself since you have NO idea what to click/press to use these spells you have. THAT'S why everyone was not understanding the map. THAT'S why I don't play these UMS games.

I stick with what was intended by the game designers. It's the whole reason why I play this game in the first place. Not to cast aside its intended design to play an attempt at trigger-tricking a game to behave like a different one.
Sorry, thought it'd be pretty obvious how to cast spells.
Seeing as how the spell-casting area takes up a full 1/4 of the map.
You just lack the enthusiasm to properly learn a USM map....

May 24, 2009 at 6:48 AM
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Sorry, thought it'd be pretty obvious how to cast spells.
Seeing as how the spell-casting area takes up a full 1/4 of the map.
You just lack the enthusiasm to properly learn a USM map....
Well, have fun giving that rhetoric to everyone else who's spouting "fuk;th map r riggd...... fck this" and just up and quit. I saw enough of that happening, save for the regulars of Forgotten_Tower.

May 24, 2009 at 6:51 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Ha.

Moddex said:
Well, have fun giving that rhetoric to everyone else who's spouting "fuk;th map r riggd...... fck this" and just up and quit. I saw enough of that happening, save for the regulars of Forgotten_Tower.
Heheh.
Those people who say that typically don't even know how to properly spell "Rigged".
I'm guessing you haven't played USM maps, much before.
That's like playing SC for the first time ever, and never having touched an RTS before.

EDIT:
Did you really just go onto Starcraft to host a USM map to make fun of all USM gamers?
That's pretty sad, and really hurts your argument against USM maps.
Gonna be hard for anyone to take you seriously if you act that childish.

May 24, 2009 at 7:04 AM
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Heheh.
Those people who say that typically don't even know how to properly spell "Rigged".
I'm guessing you haven't played USM maps, much before.
That's like playing SC for the first time ever, and never having touched an RTS before.

EDIT:
Did you really just go onto Starcraft to host a USM map to make fun of all USM gamers?
That's pretty sad, and really hurts your argument against USM maps.
Gonna be hard for anyone to take you seriously if you act that childish.
No, that isn't what I did. But that's genuinely upstanding of you to assume that about me.

I was running a 1 on 1. Can't get anyone's attention with a generic title, so I made one more immature intentionally. I was hoping to bruise a couple of egos in there just slightly enough to attract them in, but that didn't work.

I can see I've tested your patience in either case if you're already calling me immature on a stand-off. As per most disagreements tend to always yield at least one person who will act as though they are a little more above someone else naturally by spotting immaturity and remaining the ever resolute.

Blows my mind how quick people are to judge someone after a disagreement.

May 24, 2009 at 7:09 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heheh.

Moddex said:
No, that isn't what I did. But that's genuinely upstanding of you to assume that about me.

I was running a 1 on 1. Can't get anyone's attention with a generic title, so I made one more immature intentionally. I was hoping to bruise a couple of egos in there just slightly enough to attract them in, but that didn't work.

I can see I've tested your patience in either case if you're already calling me immature on a stand-off. As per most disagreements tend to always yield at least one person who will act as though they are a little more above someone else naturally by spotting immaturity and remaining the ever resolute.

Blows my mind how quick people are to judge someone after a disagreement.
Ho Hum.
You simply couldn't use the Password system Blizzard stuck in there?
Or is that too hard for you to learn, like the UMS...?

You made that title on purpose, oh don't lie now. :DThat was much too quick for a regular 1v1.
Also, why did you log off so quickly afterwards? And, hosting a Melee map in the UMS section, what's with that?
And the word newfag, bit of a coincidence with it's usage, yesno?
And who were you really directing that title towards?
Do you think some random UMS player will see your title, understand it, and figure out it's directed towards him?

Blows my mind at how slow you are.

May 24, 2009 at 7:17 AM
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Ho Hum.
You simply couldn't use the Password system Blizzard stuck in there?
Or is that too hard for you to learn, like the UMS...?

You made that title on purpose, don't lie now. :DThat was much too quick for a regular 1v1.
And the word newfag, bit of a coincidence with it's usage, yesno?

Blows my mind at how slow you are.
Sheesh, now you're just bashing me. First, you call me childish, now you call me a liar and even slow to boot.

The title was indeed intentional, but it was intended for the purpose I just explained, not to butthurt the UMS games. A simple "1x1" won't grab anybody's attention. You could sit there for an hour before someone will just pop in for a second and say nevermind.

As for the Newfag thing, I say that quite often. Ask anyone who knows me well and they'd nod in agreement. I'm not gonna try to impress people with a variety trickbag of insults, a handful suit my tongue just fine. I often use the term in jest really, not so much meaningful as would the next guy think. It's more applicable in my sarcasm than anything else. I can't honestly see myself using that term in any serious shouting match with anyone.

May 24, 2009 at 7:24 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Ho hum?

Moddex said:
Sheesh, now you're just bashing me. First, you call me childish, now you call me a liar and even slow to boot.

The title was indeed intentional, but it was intended for the purpose I just explained, not to butthurt the UMS games. A simple "1x1" won't grab anybody's attention. You could sit there for an hour before someone will just pop in for a second and say nevermind.

As for the Newfag thing, I say that quite often. Ask anyone who knows me well and they'd nod in agreement. I'm not gonna try to impress people with a variety trickbag of insults, a handful suit my tongue just fine. I often use the term in jest really, not so much meaningful as would the next guy think. It's more applicable in my sarcasm than anything else. I can't honestly see myself using that term in any serious shouting match with anyone.
If you really wanted a 1v1, you wouldn't give the map such a stupid title. Whoever joined a map with such a name would obviously leave faster than someone who would join a map named "1v1".
And you hosted it in the UMS sections? The only reason I can think of why you did that, besides trying to get at someone with that title of yours, is to ally with a computer, but you clearly said it's a 1v1.

Really now; would a 1v1 last less than 3 minutes?
You left right afterwards. No retries, no second thoughts.
You were obviously not really doing a 1v1.