Some other games such as Cave Story?

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey,everyone...do you know some other games such as Cave Story?An Adventure,Action and Shoot 'Em Up one?One with monsters,a lot of guns,...puppies(just kidding)...?I have been searching for 2 weeks and I haven't find one.:((:((:((=((=((:D:eek::(

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:32 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
These games aren't dubbed Metroidvania for nothing. You might want to try the 2D Metroid and Castlevania games, or, if you don't want to use neither NES nor emulator, try googling the term "Metroidvania". If I may, I would suggest I Wanna Be The Guy. It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I promise it's close enough.

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:14 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
Don't do I Wanna Be The Guy. It will make you want to become an hero, it is so difficult. Just play get the emulator ZNES and play Super Metroid. Metron shoots aleins and doesn't afraid of anything.
Side note: did we find someone who uses more emoticons than Lowell?

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:18 AM
This Troper
Oh come on! Am I the only one who ever tried to get others to play that game? I know it's a jerky move, but IWBTG isn't that bad...

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:29 AM
Yes. Yes it is. If you think otherwise, you're crazy and probably play way too much SNES.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:32 AM
This Troper
Captain Fabulous said:
Yes. Yes it is. If you think otherwise, you're crazy and probably play way too much SNES.
Yeah, no. I don't play SNES. I don't own SNES. I only have a NES, and that even isn't original, only a cheap knock-off, since the real NES was never sold in my country. And IWBTG is not bad. Hard, very. Bad, not.

JacobX891 said:
But IWBTG is nothing like Cave Story.
Actually there are similarities btween the two games. And even though they're not the exact same genre, they can be both enjoyed by the same individual.

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:19 AM
Oh, by "bad" I thought you meant "difficult". I Wanna Be The Guy is a good game, but god damn you will be playing it a long time.

Jun 10, 2009 at 5:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jun 10, 2009 at 8:52 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
THX!

Thank you very much!Now I have a large wide of games of which I can choose.Sorry for some mistakes in my posts...I'm from Romania and now I'm at the preliminary level.I continue to study...:rolleyes:):confused:

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:13 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I recommend Within a Deep Forest, Lyle in Cube Sector, and an Untitled Story. I'm too lazy to post links so just google them.

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
The Underside. Play it. NOW.

He's sort of like a lazy Pixel.

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
You could try Gun-Princess. And yes, it's made by me. Cave Story being my biggest source of inspiration. I will try to update it to a new version this weekend, so I'd reccomend you to play it at monday.

Topic on the Game Maker Community forums.

It is a deal harder than Cave Story, but you should be just fine. Oh, and there's a lot of long dialogue. Be warned.

Back