Skeletons

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
So we've got some animated skeletons in this game... Skullhead can easily be identified as an undead version of the sandcrocs that so readily leap out for a taste of the main character (even though sometimes they get some legs that don't really appear to belong to them).

But what of the other skeletons? The ones that hop around and throw bones at us? They were clearly a completely different being before dying.
Well, I've been playing Cave Story 3D, and I think the new polygon model makes it easier to tell: I believe they are undead enraged Mimigas.
The shape of the skull seems to match that of a rabbit remarkably and the size is pretty much compatible to that of a Mimiga that ate the red flowers.

What's more, in the very same area, Jenka tells us that years ago, many Mimigas ate the flower to survive the robots' onslaught.
Sure she then adds that she's heard the enraged Mimigas descended to the surface... but even if that's true (being it only a rumor) it doesn't mean all of them must have done so. Therefore it's quite possible that some of them remained behind and died in the Sand Zone.

What do you guys think?

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I say that the Gandro Reynkall visited. He could have gotten dead mimiga that shape.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Veteran Member
I would say what the heck is that?

Even the internet doesn't know what that is.

Are you trolling me specifically, or is this something you generally do?

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
You obviously don't know about Team FiendFire.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:56 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You obviously don't know about not posting like a twat.
Anyway, it's ancient magic.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:00 AM
Banned
No, the Gandro Reynkall is the Lord of Chaos.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:28 AM
Been here way too long...
Nobody gives even a quarter of a fuck about Gandro Reynkall.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:35 AM
Banned
I never said I'd fuck him.

[ON-TOPIC] Maybe you're right, since I have no other ideas.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:54 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
This thread is special.

Lame attempt at being on topic: And Duke seems right on all parts, anyway.

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Interesting theory, but it's a bit hard to see when looking at the original sprites. Any links to footage of said CS3D Skeletons that I'm not quite intrigued enough to look for on my own? >_>

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
This actually has my attention now.
In the original and plus versions, the skulls look too deformed to be of a Mimiga, so perhaps the 3D version makes that more clear.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Veteran Member
Duke seems right on all parts, anyway.

Interesting theory, but it's a bit hard to see when looking at the original sprites. Any links to footage of said CS3D Skeletons that I'm not quite intrigued enough to look for on my own? >_>
Sorry no. Couldn't find any screenshots of that particular enemy and videos on youtube tend to be out of focus.

In the original and plus versions, the skulls look too deformed to be of a Mimiga, so perhaps the 3D version makes that more clear.
Yeah, I played the original Lord knows how many times and the thought never occurred to me. But now as soon as I ran into that enemy it immediately clicked.

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Banned

Sorry no. Couldn't find any screenshots of that particular enemy and videos on youtube tend to be out of focus.

Yeah, I played the original Lord knows how many times and the thought never occurred to me. But now as soon as I ran into that enemy it immediately clicked.

You say that I know how many times? I don't. You did say Lord knows.

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Things that are not funny:
1) Lord Shadow

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Banned