single level missiles

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:32 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Does any1 know how to make the super missiles stay on level 1? (or just so they stay at level 3, permanetly for both cases)

If so, i'd appreciate an answer because i think it'd be a great idea.

(btw i tried setting the experience level for all levels of missiles to 0, but that just made it so it leveled up and down with just 1 exp or 1 attk)

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:34 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
This is actually something I was going to dig into in a little while with one of my practice mods...

But there is a guide on cavestory.org that might help. Sorry I can't give you any hands-on advice, though. =\

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:17 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I think Cookie made a mod where the Blade stays on level two

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:24 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
open up the exe in hex, and find the weapon exp values; then change the required exp for level 2 and 3 as 0. Theoretically, it should work. (Probably won't. :[)

Nov 12, 2008 at 1:13 PM
Hoxtilicious
There is another way, just edit the offset table which is located in the exe and set the adress for level 1, level 2 and level 3.
You could disable level up and level down too.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:59 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
There is another way, just edit the offset table which is located in the exe and set the adress for level 1, level 2 and level 3.
You could disable level up and level down too.
That's basically what im trying to do, i've tried myself at it with offsets from your guide to weapon hacking offsets (btw u should rly fix the download link for the offsets) but so far i've been unsucessful.
You seem to have an idea of what i need to do, but i have no clue what you are talking about.

How would i disable level up and level down?

and im not quite sure exactly which offsets your talking about btw.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:02 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
also, is there any way to make it so that monsters won't drop missiles, even if you have the missile launcher?

Nov 16, 2008 at 7:12 PM
Hoxtilicious
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
That's basically what im trying to do, i've tried myself at it with offsets from your guide to weapon hacking offsets (btw u should rly fix the download link for the offsets) but so far i've been unsucessful.
You seem to have an idea of what i need to do, but i have no clue what you are talking about.

You are talking about editing Data, you can solve this with just editing hardcode.

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
How would i disable level up and level down?

Learn assembly.

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
also, is there any way to make it so that monsters won't drop missiles, even if you have the missile launcher?

http://spgardebiter.sp.funpic.de/CaveStory/FAQ/NPC.txt

Please search next time.