Simple Idea: Add CS3D locations!

May 11, 2015 at 1:01 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Title says it all! It would be cool to make a mod that adds the Cave Story 3D locations (Inner Wall, Falling Tower, Egg Corridor Detour, maybe more?) to the game. Possibly even add the new life capsules, but I'd prefer just the locations + Prinny Cap. I would go ahead and do this myself, but:
1. I suck at making maps
2. CS3D maps aren't on VGMaps
3. I don't actually own CS3D (played thru at a friends house)

If any of these things were different I'd go ahead and do it myself, so if one of you would be super cool and put maps of the areas online, that'd be cool. Otherwise, this free mod idea is yours to take!

May 11, 2015 at 1:08 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
That would technically be illegal. It's the same reason we can't use Cave Story + graphics in mods.

May 11, 2015 at 1:11 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Someone on here was actually planning on doing this (not mentioning their name just in case they want to keep it under wraps I dunno), but I have a couple of issues with this idea. First of all, would this even be legal? I doubt that NICALiS/NIS would be too happy if one of the main draws of their game was made into a mod. If it is legal, I find it morally questionable, and maybe others would feel this way too.

May 11, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If you want the CS3D locations then get CS3D and play it. Pure and simple. What you are proposing is to take a commercial property, make it free, and deprive everyone involved of revenue. How low can you get.

May 11, 2015 at 2:02 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
andwhyisit said:
If you want the CS3D locations then get CS3D and play it. Pure and simple. What you are proposing is to take a commercial property, make it free, and deprive everyone involved of revenue. How low can you get.

Yes, well CS3D is hard to find, and it isn't on the eshop yet.

some people just want to experience those locations.

May 11, 2015 at 2:20 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I say make it for Cave Story Plus only, so they still technically need to buy something from nicalis.

May 11, 2015 at 3:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
They've had it as a downloadable title for a long time now in the Australian eShop, so I question why it would take so long to do so elsewhere. Although I've never needed it since I have the physical release.

Speaking of which:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cave-Story-3D-Nintendo-3DS-/151670650593

Bionicobot said:
I say make it for Cave Story Plus only, so they still technically need to buy something from nicalis.
It's not exactly hard to copy map layouts, entities and events into the original game.

May 11, 2015 at 3:39 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Oh, I hadn't even thought of it like that. Sorry for this.