Show off your org music...

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:19 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Well damn these are good Orange.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them. :p
I actually just got done listening to most of your orgs, and I gotta say, I thoroughly appreciated your ability to sound creepy and foreboding in the songs that asked for it. :3
I'm looking forward to your next release.

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:37 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Orange said:
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them. :p
I actually just got done listening to most of your orgs, and I gotta say, I thoroughly appreciated your ability to sound creepy and foreboding in the songs that asked for it. :3
I'm looking forward to your next release.

I haven't really been making orgs lately. I'm working on a project that requires mp3s, so I've been making midis and my friend has been making them into mp3s and enhancing them. So basically I'm making midis. I could show you a few, but that would have to be on your channel as to not have an unrelated post.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:22 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
I haven't really been making orgs lately. I'm working on a project that requires mp3s, so I've been making midis and my friend has been making them into mp3s and enhancing them. So basically I'm making midis. I could show you a few, but that would have to be on your channel as to not have an unrelated post.

Yeasure man, I'd enjoy that.
And to retain relevancy:
Old Sorceress' Mansion
This is a creepy song from probably my favourite game ever, Lost Odyssey.

Here's the original, if you're interested. It's very fun and impressive to play on the piano. o: (My org does it no justice.)

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:27 AM
I don't anymore.
Jul 20, 2011 at 1:35 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay Orange, just listened to all of your composed ORGs.

I loved all of them :D Moonlight was amazing, I wish it could have been longer ): However, the chord progression was awesome throughout. Do you play the piano or the guitar? It sounds like you do, based on the way your ORGs sound, with thoughtful chord progression and melodies. But beyond that, you have great instrument choice, volume changes, and panning techniques. Good stuff.
Rainbow Haze sounds like Still Alive and Minecraft music fused together, which worked well.
Hours of Wrath was great, I enjoyed the instrumentation; most of your ORGs have a pleasant, higher, lighter sound which is a tricky thing to manage without coming off as shrill. I could stand to learn a few things from you :3
Keep it up, I'm eager to hear more of these.

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:22 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
cultr1 said:
Okay Orange, just listened to all of your composed ORGs.

I loved all of them :D Moonlight was amazing, I wish it could have been longer ): However, the chord progression was awesome throughout. Do you play the piano or the guitar? It sounds like you do, based on the way your ORGs sound, with thoughtful chord progression and melodies. But beyond that, you have great instrument choice, volume changes, and panning techniques. Good stuff.
Rainbow Haze sounds like Still Alive and Minecraft music fused together, which worked well.
Hours of Wrath was great, I enjoyed the instrumentation; most of your ORGs have a pleasant, higher, lighter sound which is a tricky thing to manage without coming off as shrill. I could stand to learn a few things from you :3
Keep it up, I'm eager to hear more of these.

Thanks so much! :D I did have one year of guitar lessons, but I got bored of it. I've been self-teaching piano for about a year now, and I really, really enjoy it. :D Obviously, it's easier to make music when you enjoy it, right? But honestly, most of my music theory has probably come from my seven years of orchestra class and private violin lessons.
Yeah, Rainbow Haze... Ugh. After like four measures, I could not get Still Alive to stop influencing me because it ended up so close to it. I guess it worked out though. Thanks again for the nice feedback, but you probably shouldn't expect any more OC for a few days... I'm trying to learn me some assembly hacking. D: But, I hope you'll be able to compose some more in the near future!

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:26 AM
Heh, alright.
I hope you realize how unreasonably high my bar is set now for your mod, when it comes out.

Also, a general note: I'm going to be messing around in PxTone for a while, you'll see some ORGs eventually, I swear.
I'm being inspired as I type :3

Post 999 woo

Jul 20, 2011 at 7:29 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
cultr1 said:
Heh, alright.
I hope you realize how unreasonably high my bar is set now for your mod, when it comes out.

Also, a general note: I'm going to be messing around in PxTone for a while, you'll see some ORGs eventually, I swear.
I'm being inspired as I type :3

Post 999 woo

Not too high! D: All I can do in ASM right now is basically what people and/or their guides tell me to do. Expect just TSC altering, so the original music and occasional graphics will seem good. :/

EDIT: Oh, and yay 1000! :D

Jul 20, 2011 at 7:39 AM
I don't anymore.
I really was hoping to hear more from Orange. Oh well. Did anyone like the Song of Storms remake?

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:22 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
I really was hoping to hear more from Orange. Oh well. Did anyone like the Song of Storms remake?

Yes, I did indeed like it! It makes me feel like remaking the Song of Healing, which I very much might do. :D
And here, I'll post my Item Get! org:

Item Get!

EDIT:

Noises of Silence

Jul 26, 2011 at 6:13 PM
Professional Whatever
Could someone take a look at my org? I'm not sure if it's very good.
Here's the link.
It's also not finished. =P

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:23 PM
I don't anymore.
LunarSoul said:
Could someone take a look at my org? I'm not sure if it's very good.
Here's the link.
It's also not finished. =P

Well since I've heard the original song, you have to have two instruments for the main instrument and have the volume first go up a little bit, and then go down. Also a chunkier sounding instrument would work better. Try 68 as it's the only one I know that fits the bill.

EDIT: Oops, I meant instrument 61.

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM
Professional Whatever
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Well since I've heard the original song, you have to have two instruments for the main instrument and have the volume first go up a little bit, and then go down. Also a chunkier sounding instrument would work better. Try 68 as it's the only one I know that fits the bill.

Okay, thanks.
For the volume changes and instrument change do you mean the main track? (Track 1)

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM
I don't anymore.
LunarSoul said:
Okay, thanks.
For the volume changes and instrument change do you mean the main track? (Track 1)

Yes. And throw another one in at a lower octave. A general rule for songs like this is to always adjust the volumes on your main instruments.

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Professional Whatever
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Yes. And throw another one in at a lower octave. A general rule for songs like this is to always adjust the volumes on your main instruments.

You mean make the main track notes fade?

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:38 PM
I don't anymore.
LunarSoul said:
You mean make the main track notes fade?

Well not necessarily fade, the volume should just be lower towards the end of the note then in the beggining. Each note doesn't have to fade out. It's how you avoid issues like at note 10 in your song.

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Professional Whatever
Note 10?

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:45 PM
I don't anymore.
LunarSoul said:

You know, at the top of the screen is a bunch of numbers used to determine where you are in the song.

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Professional Whatever
I see! Thanks, it helped with the second part of the song.
I still need to put in the second track for the main part. I'll update the link when I make some good progress.

EDIT: And here, finally, is the finished copy!

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:35 AM
I wish I could listen to that, but I'm on my phone D:

Anyway, you're probably not going to see any ORGs or pxTones from me for a while, or ever, as I am switching to FL Studio, to make actual music.
Sorry about that ):