Should Cave Story be an anime?

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:59 PM
"Huzzah!"
I say Steve Blum be the voice of Quote.

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:43 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
zxin said:
Umm, Quote doesn't speak... Like Link, unless I'm mistaken.
I think that making Quote talk would be like making Curly talk in Curly story, it would feel shoe-horned in.
quote actually does talk, the dialogue of kampachi, malco, Mahin, and a few others proove this, pixel said in an interview the reason why Quote's dialogue is never shown is because Quote is the player and his speech is our own. most silent Protagonists are like this and are not actually as "silent" as we have been lead to believe.

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:46 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I don't really think that Cave Story the Anime or whatever is gonna be a GOOD thing. Unless you just want a carbon copy of what happens in Cave Story regurgitated into an animation, then good for you. Zxin, like you said, when adapting a game into an anime, you remove the best thing about the Game. The Gameplay. For example, look at Bayoneta: Bloody Fate. Personally, I think it's a bad movie. They had the games Soundtrack, and characters, but it still was a bad movie in my opinion. Do you know why? There's no game. ( and a lot of minor things oh god the CG) Watching a movie is basically watching a series of events unfold. When you play a game, you have control over what you can do. If you wanna spin in circles for 2 hours, nothing's stopping you. For a Cave Story anime or whatever to be a thing, it has to either, A:Tell the story of the Game, or B:Follow up on the story of the Game. Most people here want A.

Oh my god I didn't shit post.

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:15 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Goerge Bobicles said:
most silent Protagonists are like this and are not actually as "silent" as we have been lead to believe.
Unless it's PKMN Trainer Red, as proven in GSC and HGSS to be silent pre-battle and post-battle.

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:32 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
zxin said:
But he never VISIBLY speaks, so making him talk would seem out of place, and wrong.
Maybe if people would use what Curly said in Curly mode.(Aside from the things she said for Quote)

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:11 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Goerge Bobicles said:
quote actually does talk, the dialogue of kampachi, malco, Mahin, and a few others proove this, pixel said in an interview the reason why Quote's dialogue is never shown is because Quote is the player and his speech is our own. most silent Protagonists are like this and are not actually as "silent" as we have been lead to believe.
Well, he could be programmed with profesional grade charade skills, or even sign launguage! Then again, think about Bernardo from Zorro, he explains everything to Don Diego and never speaks a word!

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:11 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That is a monumentally shitty idea

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:38 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Fixer90 said:
Well, he could be programmed with profesional grade charade skills, or even sign launguage! Then again, think about Bernardo from Zorro, he explains everything to Don Diego and never speaks a word!
Think about Persona 4 where the protagonist was silent (with the exception of yelling out persona names) but in the Anime they gave him an actual personality that developes as the series goes on.

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:58 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
No. Nonononono. No. No. I really don't think it would work. I feel like Cave Story is something that would be better experienced than watched.

Aug 22, 2015 at 12:50 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm currently working on an animation for CS but it doesn't envelop the storyline of the game itself. re-enacting the game in an animation for wouldn't do it for me.

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yes please, I would like to see a Cave Story anime. Is there any that exist yet? Like on YouTube or something.