sacred grounds training room

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:36 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
could somebody make a room where the players , which can´t fly with the booster 2.0 as good as you need it ( like me :eek: ) , so they can practice flying with it.

thanks in advance

the noob

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:11 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I made this for myself, so I could train my skills in Cave Story.
Download

Choose "Load" so you can start directly from Sacred Grounds.
If you choose "New" you can see, that I've edited the first maps too.
It's in .rar file, if you can't open it, tell me, I'll upload it again then.
As I said, I made this for myself, but when I saw this post I started to edit Sacred Grounds. It's not ready yet. I think I'll make 5-8 levels for it.
There are few save points in there, so it'll be little easier.
Once again, choose "Load", so it starts from Prefab Building.

Tell me if it's too easy or too hard, I'll edit it then.
I just picked some filesharing website from Google, so hope that works.

By the way, it's meant for flying with Booster, but I'll add there some enemies too, and hidden health. See if you can find all health from first room, there's 17 of them total. Remember they are hidden, so you must shoot them, to reveal health.

Updated the link.

Oct 14, 2007 at 1:04 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Erm there are some errors in the game:

1) When you go into the next map in Bloody Holy Grounds and it asks you if you wanna save, you press yes and the map doesn't show up.
2) Curly is standing up but she still says oooh... and when you quit the game and come back to it and load game, you can continue. Weird :(
3) Theres a save point after that. Redundant, don't you think? :(
4) At the end of that map there is a huge wide space... And at the end of that space is a place where you fall in. You can't come back and your character is stuck down there. I don't think its an accident. YOu haven't completed that area yet eh? Ah well.

Thats all I've found out. Not sure if there are any more errors though. Also, its kinda tough for training... -.-" but its ok ^^

Good job though~! Keep it up! :(

Oct 14, 2007 at 1:59 PM
I don't know why it asks about saving, I haven't added that (I think), but if you choose yes, and reset the game, it'll start next map normally, except Curly is not with you.
Ignore that standing Curly, this mod is just for training :(
I didn't add that save question on door...

This is my first mod I ever have released and I'm not modder hacker or anything like that, so there might be more errors and others.

http://www.lobortis.com/n/3526284294
There's link again...
Just reset, after saving at same time when going to second map.

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:06 PM
Luls
Ehh how about the long row of death spikes and the emptiness beyond? I used Sue's Workshop to have the bed make me godly bu giving me 200+ hp and unlimited missiles just to get accross the death spikes to see the emptiness... So... its not finished yet? =D

Oct 18, 2007 at 3:47 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sharkenaa said:
I made this for myself, so I could train my skills in Cave Story.
Download

Choose "Load" so you can start directly from Sacred Grounds.
If you choose "New" you can see, that I've edited the first maps too.
It's in .rar file, if you can't open it, tell me, I'll upload it again then.
As I said, I made this for myself, but when I saw this post I started to edit Sacred Grounds. It's not ready yet. I think I'll make 5-8 levels for it.
There are few save points in there, so it'll be little easier.
Once again, choose "Load", so it starts from Prefab Building.

Tell me if it's too easy or too hard, I'll edit it then.
I just picked some filesharing website from Google, so hope that works.

By the way, it's meant for flying with Booster, but I'll add there some enemies too, and hidden health. See if you can find all health from first room, there's 17 of them total. Remember they are hidden, so you must shoot them, to reveal health.

Updated the link.

sacred grounds are still difficult at the beginning (10 sec) the three big spikes. if i don´t fall into them , then i pushed the jump button and flew into the big spikes before. it´s good so as it is. i start new so i can see what you meant. oh man first cave is difficult but i managed to get down. eh... thought of doing your own game with sue´s?

Oct 19, 2007 at 9:54 AM
Noo, not at all! I'm not gonna make a mod by myself! I made those starting things for myself to practice in the first place, and for fun of my own :p
Maybe I'll make Sacred Grounds all over, since there are so many bugs in there... I'll post it as quick as I can.

Oct 19, 2007 at 11:47 AM
Luls
Sharkenaa said:
Noo, not at all! I'm not gonna make a mod by myself! I made those starting things for myself to practice in the first place, and for fun of my own :(
Maybe I'll make Sacred Grounds all over, since there are so many bugs in there... I'll post it as quick as I can.

Take your time. Theres no need to rush.

I'm also working on my own lame easy peasy Sacred Grounds where there are 1000+ exp capsules sprinkled all over the place (including Sealed Chamber LOL!). I've also included an ammo and health refil box thingy in the boss fight with Ballos. Lol. Thats really lame :p

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:21 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Metalogz said:
Take your time. Theres no need to rush.

I'm also working on my own lame easy peasy Sacred Grounds where there are 1000+ exp capsules sprinkled all over the place (including Sealed Chamber LOL!). I've also included an ammo and health refil box thingy in the boss fight with Ballos. Lol. Thats really lame :p
What about having the game start with the fight against ballos for practice.

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:38 PM
Luls
Omg if newbies (sorry no offence) play this "training" game that starts with Ballos then they wouldn't be able to get anywhere as they would need more practice BEFORE fighting Ballos lol.

That is unless of course, if you place a hell lot of hidden heals and a health and ammo refill box somewhere on the map. :p

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:51 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Metalogz said:
Omg if newbies (sorry no offence) play this "training" game that starts with Ballos then they wouldn't be able to get anywhere as they would need more practice BEFORE fighting Ballos lol.

That is unless of course, if you place a hell lot of hidden heals and a health and ammo refill box somewhere on the map. :p
It will be for people who don't like the idea of having to go through hell (pun intended) again after losing to ballos.

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
newbies (sorry no offence)
Why would anyone take offence? You said NEWBIES, not NOOBIES. They are two different things. :/

Oct 19, 2007 at 1:03 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Why would anyone take offence? You said NEWBIES, not NOOBIES. They are two different things. :/

Well some people are sensitive... I say newbies they think I'm exagerating the word noobies instead. :p

Sorry off-topic O.o

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:13 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Metalogz said:
Well some people are sensitive... I say newbies they think I'm exagerating the word noobies instead. :p

Sorry off-topic O.o

ah some are sensitive but i´m not (hehe...)

anyway the training grounds shouldn´t be too easy but also not too hard (you know what i mean... i say three numbers: 0´13 :D )

as someone said before ( sry i forgot who) fighting ballos at the beginning would cause that newbies loose, then loose another one, and so on... then deleting the mod. so ballos should stand in his little big chamber

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:13 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Difficult. I like it.