Rockfish - Troubled Odyssey

Jun 17, 2024 at 8:27 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Frankly, I didn't think I was going to work on this project again, but I decided to give it another go in the end. When Pixel released this game, it certainly took me by surprise. My joy and curiosity to learn about this project, and the challenges it showed us during development, is beyond words. In the midst of all this, I started thinking about the remake I had done before, and thought, why not port it to this engine? That's when I spent all this time working on and learning every part of this game, to bring it to you!
Have you ever wondered what this little project by Pixel would have been like if it had been a full game (or something like that)?

So I present to you the following mod:
GameLogo (Presentation).png

Troubled Odyssey is a Rockfish mod that improves on some of the game's mechanics and recreates areas shown in Pixel's development diaries (also known as Devlogs).
This mod has its story and some characters unrelated to the story of the original game, in an attempt to expand the universe in which the little fish takes place.
The mod began as a proof of concept on the server where the original Rockfish was released. Shortly afterwards, I decided to continue working on this mod, and the rest is history.

Keep in mind that, due to some technical limitations of the game engine, the mod had to be divided into chapters in order to fit all the content made so far. Don't be fooled by these limitations, however, as these chapters can communicate with each other. I encourage you to explore this communication, as they can reveal secrets.

Mod downloads:
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png

I'm open to suggestions and feedback for improvising the mod.
Don't expect too many new things from this mod compared to the original Rockfish, as its engine is still under study.

Jun 17, 2024 at 10:08 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
rockfish remake deluxe... we're eating good tonight boisengirls (and everything inbetween)

Jun 18, 2024 at 12:58 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I helped playtest this and can confirm that it is of very high quality: With both chapters it is longer than the actual rockfish demo and dare I say a better experience. More things to do and secrets to find with a metroidvania influence as opposed to the short and linear original.