Rivers Story

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:34 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 8:48 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Time for me to play this.

edit: nvm. looked into the mod's files on MEGA, and it's.. well.. not worth playin'.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 9:26 PM
"Huzzah!"
This mod is clearly supposed to be a joke.
Part of me thought you'd actually improve.

Mar 5, 2021 at 11:40 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Mar 6, 2021 at 1:42 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
As someone with a history of joke mods, I decided to set aside some time on this fine Friday evening to play this mod. Based on the very brief replies from LimeMetz and Extra Life, I was expecting this to be a much shorter mod that would do something like tell a quick joke and be over, but it turned out there was actually a bit more content to it.

I kind of enjoyed this mod's sense of humor, it was a nice change of pace from what I've been consuming lately. I got a pretty good laugh out of the item description from the air tank: "You can breathe underwater with this. But I hope you drown." The fakeout battle with brown-haired Misery also made me laugh, it made me think of the brief confrontations with Rxouls Khaard in Deltarune Chapter 1.

You sure do like blowing things up. I recognized the Ugandan Knuckles immediately, and thought it was pretty funny that you just blow him up. I went into the save room after blowing up the wall in Mimiga Village, and then when I came back out, the wall was there again, and I had to blow it up again. I guess it's a magically regenerating wall.

I liked the music in the reddish Grasstown-like area, although the music in the float zone didn't really do much for me. It sounds like an eleven-year-old boy opened up "Balcony" in OrgMaker, haphazardly rearranged some notes, and then put it into the mod to give himself a sense of accomplishment for having made custom music.

Overall, the mod lacked polish in a lot of areas, but I still found it enjoyable, and it has a lot of creative personality. With some perseverance and attention to detail, I think you'd have the potential to make something really neat with your unique sense of humor and ironic style of game design.

Mar 6, 2021 at 2:26 AM
As someone with a history of joke mods, I decided to set aside some time on this fine Friday evening to play this mod. Based on the very brief replies from LimeMetz and Extra Life, I was expecting this to be a much shorter mod that would do something like tell a quick joke and be over, but it turned out there was actually a bit more content to it.

I kind of enjoyed this mod's sense of humor, it was a nice change of pace from what I've been consuming lately. I got a pretty good laugh out of the item description from the air tank: "You can breathe underwater with this. But I hope you drown." The fakeout battle with brown-haired Misery also made me laugh, it made me think of the brief confrontations with Rxouls Khaard in Deltarune Chapter 1.

You sure do like blowing things up. I recognized the Ugandan Knuckles immediately, and thought it was pretty funny that you just blow him up. I went into the save room after blowing up the wall in Mimiga Village, and then when I came back out, the wall was there again, and I had to blow it up again. I guess it's a magically regenerating wall.

I liked the music in the reddish Grasstown-like area, although the music in the float zone didn't really do much for me. It sounds like an eleven-year-old boy opened up "Balcony" in OrgMaker, haphazardly rearranged some notes, and then put it into the mod to give himself a sense of accomplishment for having made custom music.

Overall, the mod lacked polish in a lot of areas, but I still found it enjoyable, and it has a lot of creative personality. With some perseverance and attention to detail, I think you'd have the potential to make something really neat with your unique sense of humor and ironic style of game design.
Yeah so, I made the Balcony sound really bad, because it's part of the joke.

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:10 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."