Remember Flipnote Studio?

May 22, 2013 at 7:23 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Well, aparentaly, after a long-ass time from when Hatena gave hints for a 3DS addition to Flipnote studio to now, something FINALLY HAPPENED

So yeah. Hatena is aparentally dying and we're getting something new to replace it. With several serveces all planned at once, and not clashing together like it SHOULD, it all sounds so riveting. [/sarcasm]
It's all a bitwierd and confusing, but seeing on how it'll be easier to branch flipnotes on other internet databases we're not getting any real answers. What we DO know about the worldwide services, is that they aren't free, which kinda kill everything that I was excited about this, like colors. What confuses me is why the Hatena services are dying, and turning into a monthly fee sharing service thing. It overrules the whole new features thing, because I don't/can't have a job, so this gets in the way alot, considering my parents would almost ceartainly say no. And 30 days is obviously the time limit of the trial, if there would be a trial, and there is, "thankfully".
I understand that you can export them to youtube more easily, but I have a lot of favorite flipnote artists that are proably going to use the monthly fee, while i'll be sitting here in the dust. Out of all of this, the new features are exactly what we'd thought they'd be. 3D flipnotes, more colors, yadayadayada. I get it, thats cool. But what good is it if your broke? And I get the whole freaking "if you get popular enough, its freeeeeeee", but I was an extremely unknown artist back in the hatena days. This'll be a ride we'll never forget.

Thanks for taking your time to read this. If you did.

May 22, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hmm. I always hate it when they do something stupid like this.

I don't have a 3ds, so this doesn't affect me much, but I find it sad that they're forcing you to pay money as well as killing the old, free Hatena. It seems really alienating and dumb. :(

May 22, 2013 at 7:37 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Polaris said:
Hmm. I always hate it when they do something stupid like this.

I don't have a 3ds, so this doesn't affect me much, but I find it sad that they're forcing you to pay money as well as killing the old, free Hatena. It seems really alienating and dumb. :(
If you have a DSi and you use flipnote studio, this is gonna suck for you as much as me, because as far as we can tell, Hatena is dead. Everything will be transfered to the 3D version. I've had it with their shit. :mad:

May 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I don't have a DSi either :p

I have an aging DSlite and a special edition Game Boy Color, as well as an Advance SP I can't use.

Anyway, I simply can't find a good reason for a complete move. Technology Marches On is one thing. Completely shutting down a free, still in use service, then moving it to a new platform not all of its users can access and requiring them to pay money for it is entirely another. It just seems like extreme jerkbaggery for its own sake. Assuming there isn't a tidbit of information we got wrong, I'd like to see just what kind of justifiable reason they can come up with. >_>

May 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Chivalry is dead, let me tell you.

May 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
So what I'm getting from this is that you can still use Flipnote for free, but you have to pay for online? I really liked the DSi Flipnote, so I'm sure to enjoy this one.

May 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
so its free if you're popular

shit

May 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
0_0 Geez, call the press! Flipnote Hatena, spammed to hell's end, is getting closed! Now where are those stick men fights going to go? IT'S OVER! I'LL HAVE TO COMMIT SUICIDE! HATENA, FILLED WITH COUNTLESS SPAM, IS SHUTTING DOWN! I CAN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE!!!!

Seriously, though, it's old and unwanted anyway. Plus, I'm sure a sharing site for .avi flip notes will be made, no problem? If you only have a DSi... er... just wait. It's suggested that Flipnote 3DS will become a landfill a year after release.

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I have a DSIXL, but not a 3DS. I HATE how they do stuff like that. I sometimes use Flipnote Hatena, but I agree, It's freakin' dead. At least I had like 100000 stars, or something like that. Why did I write that, I dunno, so I guess it's gooooooooooooooooooooooodby, Flipnote Hatena.