Regions of Piramidos! (A game i'll make in a couple of years.)

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:15 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So shall we all move on? How about something about how me and mevon could make our game better? I understand that we know we need to learn more about telling stories and about coding. But maybe you could explain maybe what you guys are looking for in a game.

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
t3h1337n3rd said:
So shall we all move on? How about something about how me and mevon could make our game better? I understand that we know we need to learn more about telling stories and about coding. But maybe you could explain maybe what you guys are looking for in a game.
Constant and fun action, like the bulletstorms you often have to shoot in cave story while still trying to avoid some enemies and spikes.

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:48 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
But don't you think things like that have been a bit over used? I do

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:51 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Story time!

Long ago there were three types people. They each could level entire continents. They created their own continent. Piramidos. They wanted enough land to explore, but not to much. When they finished the land they put two of every creature on it. Soon enough they watched over them. The war erupted amongst the land. They each were separated and fought against each other. The land dawned a color. Blue for the west part, Green for the center, And finally Red for the east.

Is that good?
I'll take any ideas!

Thanks, Mevon.

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
While that was a little hard to follow, it's a much better story than just taking a cliché from another series. It's pretty good.

also please for the love of god stop signing your posts

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Veteran Member
Mevon said:
Story time! Long ago there were three types people. They each could level entire continents. They created their own continent. Piramidos. They wanted enough land to explore, but not to much. When they finished the land they put two of every creature on it. Soon enough they watched over them. The war erupted amongst the land. They each were separated and fought against each other. The land dawned a color. Blue for the west part, Green for the center, And finally Red for the east. Is that good? I'll take any ideas! Thanks, Mevon.
Good so far, but what kinda game is it? Platformer? Platformer-Shooter? Platformer-Shooter-3D-FPS-RTS-Puzzle-EveryGenre?

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Probably an FP (first person if your stupid). That way it'll look more appealing to more people. But I suppose you could switch to 3rd person if you wanted.
The game its self will be an exploration game. There will be all sorts of side quests and shit like that. I guess now that I'm thinking about it, this sounds a bit like skyrim, but we will make sure that there is major differences. Like I've mentioned before, this game will be as original as we can possibly make it.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Veteran Member
t3h1337n3rd said:
Probably an FP (first person if your stupid). That way it'll look more appealing to more people. But I suppose you could switch to 3rd person if you wanted.
The game its self will be an exploration game. There will be all sorts of side quests and shit like that. I guess now that I'm thinking about it, this sounds a bit like skyrim, but we will make sure that there is major differences. Like I've mentioned before, this game will be as original as we can possibly make it.
Sound's cool, but pleeaaasseee resist the urge (If there is one) to make it look all gritty and dark, like most first person games right now.
Oh and you should definitely make it possible to switch from first person to third person with the touch of a button.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Fact, mellee combat in first person games is slow and clunky and needs something else to support it.

Also you should START with your games mechanics. Meaning not asking us.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:33 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
t3h1337n3rd said:
Probably an FP. That way it'll look more appealing to more people. But I suppose you could switch to 3rd person if you wanted.
I like the idea. Sounds like kinda Mass Effect or something.

But here's my opinion about picking the FPS genre. Obviously, the FPS games of today pack up brilliant graphics -- all those 3D stuff and anything...if you're really into FPS make sure you try to enhance more into the storyline if GFX isn't your forte and vice versa, just saying. I've seen a couple of games having graphics-gameplay tradeoffs.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Well time for a new update. Your party has about 10 people when you are traveling across the land. But only 5 can enter towns. I'm thinking about how the town would have enemies, but I don't know how you can't hit civilians. They'll be everywhere...
I don't know if they would react.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Enemies would be people like thieves and stuff like that.

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM
How about this? I Personally want like a light/dark system. So that would affect enemies.
Dark Knights( :mahin: ), Good theives, and more. So it depends on a medal that you wear.(So its not confusing you can take it off and every thing will return to normal.) Yup.

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Good thieves? what the fuck is a good thieve?
"Give me all your problems and issues NOW!"

Feb 17, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Professional Whatever
So its not confusing
I'm sorry but that ship has sailed, I really have no idea what you guys are trying to do now. I think you should start working on the basics first before you load it with gimmicks.

Feb 17, 2013 at 4:50 AM
That kind of is the basics. We want to figure out a basic enemy for when you go into a town. It's not that crazy

Feb 17, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Professional Whatever
Isometric/FPS 10-person-party with multiple classes and a light/dark system that applies to everything
Probably more I forgot about

Mar 7, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Since it's been a long time I'll make an update.
Well I'm ripping some things from the game. There will be no more light/dark system and some temples will disappear.
Now there is 3 temples. Decision,Technology, and Courage.
I think that's it. If not I'll edit this.

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
If you give us even a little bit of content people might start to care

Although I like the decision and technology thing, but I'd suggest you use something other than courage because that's sort of LoZ's thing