Quote's thoughts

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'd say as long as it "takes place within the same universe" as Cave Story, and that's shown in some way, it's a fanfic. Of course, a lot of people probably would be disappointed if they were reading a Cave Story fanfic and it didn't involve major elements that are important to Cave Story such as Mimigas, androids that look and function similarly to Quote and Curly, references to events or items in Cave Story such as the war or the Demon Crown, something like that. I don't think it necessarily has to take place within the game's timeline or directly involve any characters present in the game or anything like that.

I'm actually thinking, if we could gather enough fics together we could just make a single fic thread with links to them all, including old ones posted here before or something. From what I've seen fic discussion isn't usually too deep here and you could have just one thread like that to suffice for all the fics posted in it, I think it'd be an alright idea.

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:59 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Well, gathering all the posts would be pretty tough, because who knows how many fan fics there are. But I think you might know more about that stuff than I, considering I've only been on here like three times in the span of 4 months. Anyway, if we just asked everyone to post links to their fan fics, instead of us doing all the work, then we'd probably have more material. But I suppose it wouldn't be as organized. There's gotta be a way to combine organization and massive amounts of material.

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:16 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I mean, in the first post of said thread it could be edited to include all the newly-submitted (or found) fics as they come in. With each update the added fics could be marked with *NEW* or something.. and the thread could be used to talk about all CS fics in general. Could be a sticky on this very board, in fact.

I'm guessing we could go back and look for all the previous fics posted, as if they were ever posted here that automatically would make it 'okay' to link to them in the given thread. I dunno about CS fics that exist online but were never posted here, by the author, though. And of course, all new ones written from this point on would have a logical home. I don't think it'd be that hard to find most or all of them; what couldn't be searched for various forum members could remember and we could look for them or something.

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
That would work. So, do you want to do it?