'Quote the Mimga' mode

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:40 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Here's a MyChar.pbm change with a difference...I've always wanted to make a mini-mod where the characters reacted suitably to Quote's different appearance, so here it is! :o

I hope you spot all the changed lines. I might alter this more in the future, but...I think I've done what I set out to do already.

To throw in another change, I altered the colours/design of the weapons too. I hope you'll like them!

I edited the MyChar.pbm mainly off GIRakaCHEEZER's 'Fox' MyChar.pbm sprites from his 'Metal Gear Story' mod. And, yes, I did get his permission to use it before releasing this. :p

Here's some images. I'm not giving much away, though...after all, this mini-mod isn't loads different from the regular Cave Story, so I want what I have changed to be a surprise.
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php
diph.php

Download link

There are two different versions of 'Mimiga Quote' in the data folder. MyChar.pbm is one with the grey/black top, and MyChar2.pbm is the one with the red top.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it...oh, and if you see any weird bugs or glitches in the text, tell me and I'll try to fix them. Thanks!

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:47 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Look really nice, I'll play it as soon as I get the chance.

Apr 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Completed to Grasstown, but don't see anything so special.
Good job i can say.

Apr 9, 2010 at 7:03 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
cultr1 said:
Look really nice, I'll play it as soon as I get the chance.

I hope you like it!

Mike1108 said:
Completed to Grasstown, but don't see anything so special.
Good job i can say.

Wait...you didn't see any changes, but you still like it?

Thanks...I guess...:D

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:25 AM
Playing through this again, I noticed a mistake I missed before when Sue is talking to you in the Egg 00 room (Some text goes offscreen).

It should be fixed now. I'll add the 'updated' version to the main post too.

Download link.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
shouldn't mimiga Quote's shirt be black? Redshirts tend to die in the first five minutes and all... Neat mod, though.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Overload said:
shouldn't mimiga Quote's shirt be black? Redshirts tend to die in the first five minutes and all... Neat mod, though.

Heheh, well, originally I used the red & white colours because I thought they looked good...it was only later that I realised that they are two of the same colours that regular Quote has.

I did try the black colour for his top, but I thought it looked a bit odd...maybe I'll try it again.

Thanks. :)

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Well, I tried it again and did the colour change slightly differently to how I tried it before. I think it looks better than the all-red outfit now...but I like both.

So here's the newest version! I changed a few other sprites, too. Both versions of 'Mimiga Quote' are in the data folder (Red and black is MyChar.pbm, all red is MyChar2.pbm), so you can choose depending on what you like.

Download link

As before, I'll add the updated link to the first post.

May 10, 2010 at 8:38 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Was this suppose to change the story in any way? Or is it just a sprite change for lol's?

May 10, 2010 at 9:34 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
@RoxinDX

Read the first post dude, all the info's there.

In case you're too lazy, it's a sprite change and dialogue change to fit with the sprite change.