Quote and Curly: Light As Air?

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oho!
I forgot about that (goes towards my real heavy theory) but a lot of things sink, so it isn't exactly conclusive

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Quote should be heavy I think. Wait...can you mathheads calculate it`s heaviness? You know from the speed of sinking (cm/s on teh screen?), gravity constant, hydrostatic pressure maybe dunno...? Smells like physics... I`m lazy to do it...but I`m curious what would you get.

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:31 PM
I can't unless I know his surface area. :/
(and even then no? fallspeed doesn't care about mass)

WoC could prolly do the best estimation, but I can try.

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:12 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I was thinking along the lines of the overloading theory. He could have specific "Gates" in his output, and once carrying Curly or the puppies, those would temporarily open up, allowing him increased strength while carrying them. The same could be true for the booster. It going back to normal after not carrying them would be the Gates closing, as long periods of time with them open could wear down his circuits. Or something.

Jul 6, 2011 at 8:45 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
He's light because he's a scout robot.

BrokenRobot2-avatar.png

This guy is heavy because he is a combat robot.
Just because something is more dense than water doesn't mean it's particularly heavy.

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm saying due to Quote's size he would weigh 160-200 pounds (about 90 kilos) if he had the same density as a human being. Despite the fact that he's demonstrably athletic, he can't swim. Either one of two facts must be true.

1) Someone created a super-battle-robot with the skills and knowledge necessary to adapt to varying conditions, previously unknown weaponry, new and advanced technology unknown at the time of programming, and new and terrifying enemies. They did not forsee him being submerged into liquids and made him unable to even learn to swim.

2) Quote's too heavy to swim. I'm guessing he weighs somewhere around 300-400 pounds (about 180 kilos). Maybe even more. At that density, it doesn't matter how athletic you are, swimming is impossible without artificial assistance of some sort. Yes, people can weigh that much and swim, but they are of the spherical persuasion, so they're not as dense.

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Even in the artwork he's a midget

Cameron said:
I'm saying due to Quote's size he would weigh 160-200 pounds (about 90 kilos) if he had the same density as a human being.
You mean 80-100 pounds*?
He's half the size of a human being, from all we can tell. Unless Kazuma, Momorin, the Doctor, and the Cthulthus are the absurdly tall ones.

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:50 AM
He's also a robot, so he clearly does NOT have the same density as a human being.