• Sorry guys, I fucked up in the stupidest way possible. Any avatars, attachments or media uploaded in the past month may be broken. The bulk of those are attachments.

    Affected posts are by Brite / Dr. Minty Fresh / HeCooksPattiesAndSellsThe / Catalystl / ilikebreadtoomuch / Draco / minecraftstorymodefan / Extra Life / darkruler9229

    Affected posts are in threads Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread / CS ~ Encore / game opens in 1080, occupies only the top left corner / Friday Night Funkin' / Bluebot Requisition - DEMO / Show us your desktop / Cave Story Season 2 / gacha cave story pics / Cave Story with XBRZ filter / Project Ampersand

    -Andwhy

Puppy Story

May 8, 2010 at 6:51 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Join Date: Jul 10, 2009
Location:
Posts: 1004
Age: 36
I have watched Puppy Story on Youtube. Nice idea, keep up the good work
 
May 15, 2010 at 2:59 AM
Senior Member
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Join Date: Jun 7, 2009
Location: BLEEEEH ALFALFA MONSTER
Posts: 227
Not much to say about this but good work.

You're a healthy puppy.

EDIT: Well, actually, no, I do have a beef with this mod. That's a tall, tall, TALL, doghouse, man. Find a way to make it shorter, I mean not eve Jenka would be weird enough to make a doghouse THAT tall.
 
May 15, 2010 at 4:35 PM
Junior Member
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Join Date: Apr 13, 2010
Location:
Posts: 25
Age: 25
immortalshippo said:
Not much to say about this but good work.

You're a healthy puppy.

EDIT: Well, actually, no, I do have a beef with this mod. That's a tall, tall, TALL, doghouse, man. Find a way to make it shorter, I mean not eve Jenka would be weird enough to make a doghouse THAT tall.

Yeah, someone told me that.

BTW, I haven't been working on the mod lately because of school. Last week, I was busy not doing a project (I should of been doing it, though), and the week before, I was busy with my school's musical (Performance was that week, and I was on the technical crew.
Luckily, there's only one more week of school left, so afterwords, I'll go back to the mod.
 
May 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Senior Member
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Join Date: Jun 7, 2009
Location: BLEEEEH ALFALFA MONSTER
Posts: 227
Cool. when is a demo coming, do you think?
 
May 21, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Junior Member
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Join Date: Apr 13, 2010
Location:
Posts: 25
Age: 25
A demo will come once I'm done with the first area (after the first town).

I don't know if I said this earlier, but I'm gonna make all areas available from the start (1- Once I make them all; 2- Once you get to the area where you can transport)
 
May 22, 2010 at 12:56 AM
Senior Member
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Join Date: Jun 7, 2009
Location: BLEEEEH ALFALFA MONSTER
Posts: 227
Good.
Well, on another note, I should really get into mapping.
 
Jun 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Junior Member
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Join Date: Apr 13, 2010
Location:
Posts: 25
Age: 25
Just as a quick update, I haven't been working on this much.

I have a volunteer job as a Counselor in Training at a summer day camp. However, while I'm there, I'll be working on custom sprites. I have created a bee sprite for the beetle and the bigger beetle enemies.
 
Jun 4, 2010 at 12:15 AM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Mar 23, 2010
Location: Hidden Palace Zone
Posts: 305
Age: 34
Well, this looks really cute. I like your ideas so far, and the neat concepts like a dog bone weapon. I do think "my bones become more powerful overtime" is a really cheesy piece of dialog, though; it should be something more like "They say the more a dog loves his bone, the stronger it becomes!" or something like that if you even feel that you need to mention the fact a weapon can level up in the first place; after all it was never explained in the original Cave Story.

Oh, and Mick should be a little more hidden I think, not just in a "chest in front of his bed". The least you could do is remove the bed and just have a chest there in place for Mick, but in my opinion it'd be a lot more interesting if you actually had a semi-hidden chest near the beginning that held him. And since this is a puppy-centric mod I'd love to see Mick popping up in chests more than once, like maybe a room with a chest after a really difficult area or boss that only contains Mick, which would be simultaneously horrible and hilarious... but then you could just have Mick give you the important item/weapon/whatever in question.

Heck, on that note, you should use all the dogs' personalities and descriptions to their fullest, as they had some pretty fleshed-out characters for what little importance they had in CS itself. Maybe a race with Kakeru at some point, some puzzle to find Shinobu in the dark (beyond what CS did, or something completely different), at least one scene in which Nene actually sees the future in a dream and it becomes a plot element, etc.
 
Jun 4, 2010 at 12:26 AM
Junior Member
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Join Date: Apr 13, 2010
Location:
Posts: 25
Age: 25
ragnaroq said:
Well, this looks really cute. I like your ideas so far, and the neat concepts like a dog bone weapon. I do think "my bones become more powerful overtime" is a really cheesy piece of dialog, though; it should be something more like "They say the more a dog loves his bone, the stronger it becomes!" or something like that if you even feel that you need to mention the fact a weapon can level up in the first place; after all it was never explained in the original Cave Story.

What I meant is that the bones became powerful while underground. However, that is also a good idea to use. Thanks, I might use that.

ragnaroq said:
Oh, and Mick should be a little more hidden I think, not just in a "chest in front of his bed". The least you could do is remove the bed and just have a chest there in place for Mick, but in my opinion it'd be a lot more interesting if you actually had a semi-hidden chest near the beginning that held him. And since this is a puppy-centric mod I'd love to see Mick popping up in chests more than once, like maybe a room with a chest after a really difficult area or boss that only contains Mick, which would be simultaneously horrible and hilarious... but then you could just have Mick give you the important item/weapon/whatever in question.

I think I mentioned it earlier, but you are getting all of the puppies after they get lost. Each will have their own unique area for them. I'd probably do something like what you said for Mick.

ragnaroq said:
Heck, on that note, you should use all the dogs' personalities and descriptions to their fullest, as they had some pretty fleshed-out characters for what little importance they had in CS itself. Maybe a race with Kakeru at some point, some puzzle to find Shinobu in the dark (beyond what CS did, or something completely different), at least one scene in which Nene actually sees the future in a dream and it becomes a plot element, etc.

About the race part, IDK how that'd be possible, but if I could, I would do that.
About Nene, I'm doing that, but it will spoil part of the story, SO SSSSHHHHHH!
 
Top