PSP Version

Jan 3, 2010 at 12:47 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Right, I downloaded it, put it into the PSP (both the eboot and data), ad try to run it. It tells me the data is corrupted and cannot run.

What do I do?

Jan 3, 2010 at 1:20 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Re-download.

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:37 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
*Facepalm*

T-Jack said:
Re-download.
It's not that simple.
What Firmware are you currently using on your PSP?
I believe if it's above 5, or maybe 5.5, then you can't run Cave Story or other home brewed games.
I'd have to go look it up again, but if you've got a pretty high firmware number, you're just kinda out of luck.
{Unless you use that Pandora Battery or whatever, which I personally dislike.}
I lost the ability to play Cave Story and SNES games when I had to update to play Dissidia >.>;

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:41 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Re: *Facepalm*

VoidMage_Lowell said:
It's not that simple.
What Firmware are you currently using on your PSP?
I believe if it's above 5, or maybe 5.5, then you can't run Cave Story or other home brewed games.
I'd have to go look it up again, but if you've got a pretty high firmware number, you're just kinda out of luck.
{Unless you use that Pandora Battery or whatever, which I personally dislike.}
I lost the ability to play Cave Story and SNES games when I had to update to play Dissidia >.>;

Well, I have the most recent updates for the PSP. (LittleBigPlanet, then PSN update) So you're saying that Cave Story won't work because of this?

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:46 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Hey, I got LBP too!

Yeap, pretty much. {Extra much so, since you've got the latest update}
See, Sony apparently didn't really like those apps, so with each update they tried to close them out.
This started with what I'm guessing you tried, just running it.
It will always read it as corrupt.
I forgot to mention, with certain versions below 5 or whatever, you still needed a Launcher that would get you pass the Firmware and allow you to run your app. {I used Eggsploit, the .TIF exploit, but they fixed that already >.>;}
Unless they've come up with a new exploit or something, we're {me too} pretty much out of luck.
Can still try looking around for new exploits, I suppose, but I don't really expect anything....
{But I haven't looked in awhile, so maybe...}

EDIT:
Well, I looked around a bit, and it doesn't look good.
I tried looking for an exploit on 5.50 {The version I have right now, which should be easier to get around} and I only found a dozen pages about either a false exploit, a exploit that crashes the firmware and that's it {Won't let you run your apps}. or an exploit that requires two games which may be hard to get. {One has to be a Japanese version, and I'm not even totally sure if it works}
So, eh, I don't think there's any chance of running Cave Story on the PSP for awhile....

Jan 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Uhh.. Lowell..

5.03GEN-C would have allowed you to run both Dissidia (or any UMD game requiring up to firmware 6.20 to run) and Cave Story as well if you stuck with 5.03 at the time.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
*Facepalm* again

andwhyisit said:
Uhh.. Lowell..

5.03GEN-C would have allowed you to run both Dissidia (or any UMD game requiring up to firmware 6.20 to run) and Cave Story as well if you stuck with 5.03 at the time.
.....Damnit.
I wish I had known that before...
I haven't seen any ways to downgrade from my current version without using those Pandora batteries or magic memory sticks, which I don't really want to mess with..

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Throw it at the wall and take it back to Wal-Mart

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator