PSP Cave story?

Jun 26, 2011 at 12:08 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I know there's one on the tribute site but, it dosn't work. I'm running PSP go OFW 6.39. It tells me corrupt data? Any help as to why it does this would be thanked.

Jun 26, 2011 at 1:57 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You
Have to jailbreak your PSP.
If you're using the operating system you claim to be, then you can't jailbreak it.
Sorry bro

Jun 26, 2011 at 2:00 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
:o

Jun 26, 2011 at 5:51 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
it failed. but im using B6 Pro now and it works. But now that I've beaten it I want to play as a puppy I remember watching a vid of reading something about a Profile.dat that change your character? Where can I find this?

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Professor Fufflykins said:
it failed. but im using B6 Pro now and it works. But now that I've beaten it I want to play as a puppy I remember watching a vid of reading something about a Profile.dat that change your character? Where can I find this?
You cannot change your character with a profile.dat to something that is not in mychar.

However you can download this:
http://cavestory.org/downloads/csz_tools.zip
..and use it to extract the data.csz file (choose the English+Japanese option), edit mychar.pbm to replace quote's sprites with that of a puppy (do not save as 24-bit btw), then recompress it all back to a data.csz file.

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:45 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
OMG thank u soooooooooooooøôooooooo much!!!!!!!

Well it says that I'm missing "zlib1.dll" being I only have mobile web as of now can someone tell me if I could make that file myself? If so how do I do that? Thank you in advanced.

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:02 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm sorry but,

I'm really sorry to do this but I really need the zlib1.dll for czs editor. It was not provided in the zip I was given. The reason for my repeat in asking is I only have internet for a little longer and I wanted to port WTF story to the PSP and my dog mod. I'm really sorry.

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:02 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Re: I'm sorry but,

Oh darn, I was expecting some hilarious thread where someone confesses on how they like cosplay, or a dramatic thread in which a user tearfully bids the forums farewell, only to return on a few weeks.

But instead, someone asks for a file, and gets it one post later.
Disappointing.

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:07 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much DoubleThink!!!!! Again I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry!!!!!

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"

cultr1 said:
Oh darn, I was expecting some hilarious thread where someone confesses on how they like cosplay, or a dramatic thread in which a user tearfully bids the forums farewell, only to return on a few weeks.

But instead, someone asks for a file, and gets it one post later.
Disappointing.

Me too, then I saw Fluffykins made it. Haha, just kidding.

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:30 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

I don't get it I'm no more special than the other guys?

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If you are porting mods then you need to:
1. Extract the data files as English only (or Japanese only if it is a Japanese mod).
2. In a copy of the PC mod add a <TRA into event #200 of the default starting point map to jump to the mod's actual starting point map event and x/y pos.
3. Fix the case of the lounge map in the mapdata of the PC mod.
4. Copy all data files from the PC mod to the extracted data folder of the PSP version.
5. Replace the mapdata in both the eboot.pbp and maps.dat (at least I think it was called that, it's in the data folder) with those from the exe of the PC mod via a hex editor. Should the mapdata exceed the original 94 maps *cough*Lost Land*cough* then it becomes nothing short of painful to squeeze it back in.
6. Convert all 24-bit pbms to 8-bit.
7. Recompress data.csz.

It's not for the faint of heart.