Proposed migration to xenForo

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:12 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So you're saying that it uses just one icon and does its own fading effect, and that you can't easily tell it to have separate images for different states of read/unread/locked/etc.? If that's so, I guess I'm fine with the default IP Board icon.
You misunderstood completely.

1. It's just read/unread for now. I don't care about any other icons right now.
2. I can use anything for the read and unread icons provided it fits the required dimensions.
3. I won't (not can't, but won't) use any icon combination that doesn't indicate read/unread status at a glance. To this end I prefer the fade to indicate read status effect because it is practical unlike the old VB model. However there is no reason why the faded icon would need to be the same icon as the unfaded one, and there is no reason to adopt the faded icon model if anyone can suggest a viable alternative.

-Any chance of bringing back the multi-quote feature
Doesn't the current quote feature make it redundant?

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:32 AM
Based Member
You misunderstood completely.

1. It's just read/unread for now. I don't care about any other icons right now.
2. I can use anything for the read and unread icons provided it fits the required dimensions.
3. I won't (not can't, but won't) use any icon combination that doesn't indicate read/unread status at a glance. To this end I prefer the fade to indicate read status effect because it is practical unlike the old VB model. However there is no reason why the faded icon would need to be the same icon as the unfaded one, and there is no reason to adopt the faded icon model if anyone can suggest a viable alternative.
All right, I see. With that being the case, I don't have any burning alternatives to suggest.

Indeed it does. That shows how much attention I was paying.

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:37 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
That's what i thought until I tried to quote posts from different pages. For now just a simple copy/paste can fulfill that

Also is there any way to use my avatar's native size? I'm not too keen on having the software resize it to 100x100

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:20 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I've added some CS themed icons to the CS lite/dark themes anyway. *shrug*

Name and date from bottom of page removed and edit button changed.

I've also added in the new thread button.

I've also fixed proportions in avatars, but only for avatars that are not greater than 100px in height or width. Also this change is only applicable to post headers.

making the delete and edit buttons like they were before?
The edit button is now as it was, but there has never been a custom delete button in the history of these forums.

-Any chance of also printing the time where the date is written at the top of a post, regardless of how long ago it was?
You can get the non-relative date from the tooltip when you hover your mouse over the relative date.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2015 at 8:07 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Andywhy has now fixed up the usergroups with a script, and I'll be removing any unwarranted custom titles as I find them. Milestones are srs bsns.

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:06 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I couldn't get the automerger to work. I hang my head in shame.

However I did manage to add some sorting functionality to the members list.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:58 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I find it weird that the "recent posts" page does not link to the last post in the thread when you're logged out, but does when you're logged in.

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:46 AM
Been here way too long...
It links to the last unread post, and if you're not logged in, it assumes you haven't read any of them.

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:49 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
no, this part
p205619-0-tmpazzm.png

Aug 29, 2015 at 5:52 PM
/end
I'm glad that despite me possibly being the only one that uses the "ARGGH MY EYES!" skin you kept it in the move.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Based Member
I'm glad that despite me possibly being the only one that uses the "ARGGH MY EYES!" skin you kept it in the move.
I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of users who joined within the last 4 years use that theme since that's been the default for at least the last 4 years.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:16 PM
/end
I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of users who joined within the last 4 years use that theme since that's been the default for at least the last 4 years.

Really? I wouldn't know that.

Dunno if it has been talked about before but is clicking on the "cave story tribute site forums" image in the top left of each skin suppose to send you to the home page? Cause that is a little annoying.

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:35 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Dunno if it has been talked about before but is clicking on the "cave story tribute site forums" image in the top left of each skin suppose to send you to the home page? Cause that is a little annoying.
Yeah, it would be really nice if this directed back to the forum index. There's already a button for the Tribute Site, so it'd just be more useful to have it go back to the index since the button for that is kinda small.

(Also, if possible, it would be nice to have a list at the bottom of each thread of active users like in IPB)

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:53 PM
Based Member
I've got a huge problem. Hyperlinks to specific posts and VM conversations don't work anymore. Links to specific posts from before the switch link me just to the thread, and link to VM conversations return an error.

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:46 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
make it transparent, dink

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Yeah, it would be really nice if this directed back to the forum index. There's already a button for the Tribute Site, so it'd just be more useful to have it go back to the index since the button for that is kinda small.
Done.

(Also, if possible, it would be nice to have a list at the bottom of each thread of active users like in IPB)
It's on the forum index.

I've got a huge problem. Hyperlinks to specific posts and VM conversations don't work anymore. Links to specific posts from before the switch link me just to the thread, and link to VM conversations return an error.
I fixed what links I could. 80-90% of links to forums, threads, or posts were fixed, across both VB and IPB links, using a link rewriting tool of my own making. Links to anything else were converted from VB to IPB, but not from IPB to XF, and were therefore broken.

If a post link was broken then please let me know where the broken link was found so that I can actually do something about it. The entire reason why I changed IPB links to XF links instead of relying on the url redirecter was to prevent this exact issue.

However if the link pointed to a specific page instead of a specific post then this is very much expected to have happened.