Feb 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
diph.php
DEVTEAM: ADVENT (cool name uh? :3)
GENRE: Metroidvania
RELEASE DATE: I have no hurry

---PLOT---
In the year 2034 all the World have been completely globalized. There is relative peace, but the ancient conflicts still alive, and because that humanity still being strongly armed. One Day, a giant spaceship appeared in the stratosphere, without emitting sounds, or lights.

The humanity is disconcerted, nobody saw the ship coming to the Earth, and nobody has idea for where did It came from or for what. Some days later, the ship started to descent slowly and seeing that it was impossible to establish communication, different governments designed attack plans to the ship.

The siege started.

The missiles and antiaircraft guns began to impact the the hull of the ship... and the ship started crumbling. Metal scraps falling down over the shadow proyected by the ship. A few minutes later, the ship was really near to ground level. And the ultimate weapon were launched.
The ship fell on the ground with a huge crash noise and a expansive wave of dust.
Nothing, no one came out from Its inside.

During subsequent decades a new city was built around the impacted ship, and many people moved. Many work to do.
Science made great progress thanks to the discoveries that were made in the mysterious ship...

But after these years, humanity started disappearing without any reason, just losing their vital strength. Just dying.
Earth is population decreased to a very small percent, and the survivors hid in the subterranean under the city around the spaceship, with the hope to survive enough time for find a solution.

A solution. for what cause?

Year 2234...
---
Well, the 'Project P' focuses the gameplay in metroidvania style, being very important to explore the ship, and go forward in the story. In some way, It's a tribute to MACROSS, Metroid and many post-apocaliptic stories as Green Legend Ran, Megaman Zero, Fallout, The Book of Eli, or MEGAZONE23.

Project P is not conceived as a Cave Story Mod, but a complete game made with the CS Engine.
In the devblog you can see more info abou it and some designs and concept arts.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I am willing to offer experience in computer programming to help you.

You have a very impressive looking website, I think.

We can start with traditional programming such as Python, JavaScript, and Ruby... or we can immediately jump into TSC and x86 Assembly. Which do you prefer?
Also, do you want special features such as custom music? This is not very hard to install into the executable.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, I have some barely CS programming notions. Time ago I was working on a CS mod, called HDD Dimension (before my DT became trash... ¬¬), but no much more than some trap chests or doors and things like that.

I will post some info about the Project tonight, I need sleep rigth now!
Thank you for your interest :D

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This thread is the best place to start when it comes to learning about modding Cave Story. If you have any minor questions you want to ask, please do so here, in order to avoid new topics being made for every question.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
But it's good that you have some degree of CS modding experience.

Since you are most likely from Japanese heritage, and Japanese people are usually very polite and humble by culture (look at Studio Pixel) - I don't think you'll be much of a distraction on the forums.
Welcome to the CSTSF. I'm sure that we could use more people like you.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
So, Mr. Tadayoshi, I see you follow a different culture. Don't take that the wrong way, most cultures are perfectly fine in my opinion.

(Did that post have anything to do with Project P?)

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I edited the first post with the info. I'll continue the designing labors. I have to design full map of game, and exploring by myself the CE Tool. Thanks for your interest and those tutorials :D

And carrotlord, thank you for offering your support!

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Shinsai said:
I have to design full map of game, and exploring by myself the CE Tool.
I love you. Also use Boosters Lab, it's better and much more use friendly including simple things like UI.