PRIMARY (CS mod)

Nov 7, 2022 at 12:26 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ive never actually used the CS forums for this before, but here we go.
PRIMARY is a cs mod ive been working on for a while now, with fast paced difficult gameplay (difficulty is subjective) and a simple art style
have a lovely day, and i hope you guys enjoy.
1667780723740.png

Nov 8, 2022 at 1:21 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
it's your least favourite mod reviewer again
while i appreciate the simple artstyle some things look non-solid but are solid and vice versa
also please, PLEASE tell the player they have the booster, it's not clear at all and leads to confusion

1667912768331.png
screw the boss, i'm out of here (you can go out of bounds)

level 2 is super short but that's okay, i like the idea running along the train cars

okay so i don't know what you did but boosting basically halves the enemies' speed - they move so much slower while you're actively flying
i really like that idea actually, i'd love to know more

1667913162075.png
this looks like it could kill me but it doesn't. i suppose i should have learned by now that red is bad, not black

1667913304063.png
everywhere i go
i see his face

also god forbid you reach stage 4 without max level weapon, the enemies are horribly tanky because of how high the damage spikes with level-up

the final boss i thought would be tough, but the time slowdown really helps
a neat mod, with a fun twist on the booster. the tileset could be more... distinct (?), to make it more clear where you can go and where you can't, but that's just a minor complaint
was fun

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:26 AM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
she looked like assassin's creed the video game

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
okay so i don't know what you did but boosting basically halves the enemies' speed - they move so much slower while you're actively flying
i really like that idea actually, i'd love to know more
this might get a bit wordy, but i'll do my best to explain
its using a modded version of cave story enlight created called equip+ 1.1 (idk where you could find it since he DMed this version to me). it allows you to modify large chunks of cave storys gamplay without needing to be a pro ASM gamer, one of which allows the speed at which NPCS move to me slowed down based on if certain perimiters are met (like boosting for example)
hope that answered your inquiry :)

Nov 13, 2022 at 10:36 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I really like this cs mod by it's difficulty, music and art direction. My favourite stage was for sure the last one and my favourite music was in the 3rd on the roof.
Timeslowing ability while jumping is fun as hell so dodging bullets with booster feels really cool.
Even if this mod is small, I still recommend playing it, for me it feels like a nice skillcheck for a Cave Story player, good job Crusader!

Nov 17, 2022 at 4:25 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Just played this mod. It's an interesting, simple mod with a unique visual style. It wasn't anything too extravagant, but it kept me interested with its fast pace and autosave. I'm glad that I read Hina's post before playing, because I probably would have been stuck at the beginning for a while and not known what to do. I thought the visual style on the train level in particular was pretty cool. The soundtrack you used for this mod fit the visual style and tone very well. And as others have mentioned, the slow motion during the boosting was also pretty cool.