Pluto Story

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ok, so here is the idea:
You are a robotic drone named T5-0.88 (haven't really came up with a solid name yet) that boarded the spacestation (that has no name yet) that is orbiting the planet or iceball Pluto.
He is boarding it because the station is currently shut down due to the constant
repairs and construction done to it.

You start off inside the forest sector with almost no memory on your current mission.(seems to be the case for most mods)
and you make your way throughout the entire station to figure out what the station is really used for.

The gameplay is similar to Metroid Fusion such as the sectors and maps.

Go to this website (that I made) for more current info
http://lcrbr.weebly.com/

Im asking you (the poster) for some feedback and a few ideas.
Ideas allready used:
Sectors
Final Boss
Overall Mapping

And

More will be added later.

Current Progress:
4%
Working on music, sounds and posting pictures/videos

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:10 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
sos339 said:
The main cause of this thread is to lock this idea in before its taken.

I would advise against that. It's highly unlikely that somebody else would have exactly the same idea as you, and if they did, they're well within their rights to make a mod out of it, as are you. Starting a thread just to reserve an idea for a mod that you (probably) will never finish seems a bit rude. That's NOT how forums work. Or at least not this one.

That said, I encourage the effort. Good luck on your mod, and I'm willing to help with sprites.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:25 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
jed37 said:
I would advise against that. It's highly unlikely that somebody else would have exactly the same idea as you, and if they did, they're well within their rights to make a mod out of it, as are you. Starting a thread just to reserve an idea for a mod that you (probably) will never finish seems a bit rude. That's NOT how forums work. Or at least not this one.

That said, I encourage the effort. Good luck on your mod, and I'm willing to help with sprites.

Thanks for the fairly quick reply and semi nice comment, and I think I may be good with most of the sprites but Thanks for the offer too,

anyway the forums I came from are mostly first come first serve and if your second well I guess thats too bad.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:33 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I guess it's not so much about manners as it is about the fact that it's pretty unlikely for somebody else to have the same idea for a mod. Much less actually complete it.

But also, we're all friends here.
And reserving an idea just isn't a good reason to start a thread, imo.

Jun 2, 2011 at 8:58 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The sprites in the vid are excellent, although you may want to ask GIR for permission if you intend to keep using that music.

What type of ideas are you after exactly? Story/plot elements? Map ideas? Enemy/boss suggestions? Weapon changes? "Overall Mapping" would seem to suggest that you've got the level design for the game set out already.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I have to agree. The sprites in the Vid are really cool! Especially the first Ballos. AWESOME! You have an original idea there...so it's unlikely someone will steal this. Original ideas are always good. I'm hoping at some point in the future to see a copy of this. It looks really cool.

Anyway some ideas. Can you give us a bit more of an idea of what the storyline is? Like what is the robots purpose? So are you talking about plot ideas? If so... I suggest something along these lines. The robot arrives (already armed) and the spaceship is sorted into levels. And you have to work your way downwards. Each level you have an objective and this involves collecting different objects. However with each level you have different sections. These sub-sections could contain levels. Think about a real spaceship you would need different sections for different parts of surviving and processing. So considering these things you should have lots of energy shields and puzzles! ;) Anyway I know this hasn't ended up very plot related. :p But I think you need to give us a bit more of an idea about the basics of the plot you want and what the robots purpose is.

I hope this has been semi-helpful!

Kick Ass

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
The graphics look impressive, I'll give you that. You could create an amazing atmosphere with the right music and please, don't abandon this mod.

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
DoubleThink said:
The sprites in the vid are excellent, although you may want to ask GIR for permission if you intend to keep using that music.

What type of ideas are you after exactly? Story/plot elements? Map ideas? Enemy/boss suggestions? Weapon changes? "Overall Mapping" would seem to suggest that you've got the level design for the game set out already.

Yea I better ask him because there is other songs I might use too
in fact, I need to ask alot of people.

Kick Ass said:
Anyway some ideas. Can you give us a bit more of an idea of what the storyline is? Like what is the robots purpose? So are you talking about plot ideas? If so... I suggest something along these lines. The robot arrives (already armed) and the spaceship is sorted into levels. And you have to work your way downwards. Each level you have an objective and this involves collecting different objects. However with each level you have different sections. These sub-sections could contain levels. Think about a real spaceship you would need different sections for different parts of surviving and processing. So considering these things you should have lots of energy shields and puzzles! Anyway I know this hasn't ended up very plot related. But I think you need to give us a bit more of an idea about the basics of the plot you want and what the robots purpose is.

It was helpful by the way, I added some more info for anyone that wants to see it.

I guess thats it for now

Jun 2, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
This looks really cool and id like to wish you the very best of look with it :)

Jun 6, 2011 at 1:07 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I was gonna offer you spriting help, but it appears you do not need any. How about your org making skills, I can see your using songs from other users, which is fine, but it works better when you have some you've made or someone has made specifically for you. Maybe someone can help you. I might if I have some time.

Jun 16, 2011 at 4:25 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
How about your org making skills, I can see your using songs from other users, which is fine, but it works better when you have some you've made or someone has made specifically for you. Maybe someone can help you. I might if I have some time.

yea. time may be an issue but I feel like i need to do this on my own (for now) and ive also decided not to use songs form other users because of the games they make involve them.

(Bump post FTW)

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM
I don't anymore.
sos339 said:
yea. time may be an issue but I feel like i need to do this on my own (for now) and ive also decided not to use songs form other users because of the games they make involve them.

(Bump post FTW)

It takes longer for it to be a bump, I think. But making music was a hinderance for me. My mod's release was pushed back a month because of it. I got a bit of help this time and now alot of it's done. Not saying you have to, but if it becomes a real problem, then get some help.

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:05 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
It takes longer for it to be a bump, I think. But making music was a hinderance for me. My mod's release was pushed back a month because of it. I got a bit of help this time and now alot of it's done. Not saying you have to, but if it becomes a real problem, then get some help.

Any bump like post will do, but Music making is not too bad but it does get annoying, im fine though.

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:10 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think Hy meant that ten days doesn't really count as a bump on a forum as small as this one.
Generally I'd say eight times that length would be a bump here, but who am I to talk.

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:09 AM
I don't anymore.
sos339 said:
Any bump like post will do, but Music making is not too bad but it does get annoying, im fine though.

Well if you have any trouble, would you like a few of the songs I made and decided not to use? Better than letting em go to waste.

Jun 19, 2011 at 6:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Well if you have any trouble, would you like a few of the songs I made and decided not to use? Better than letting em go to waste.

Yea im thinking about you "giving" me your unused songs so I dont need to make ALL of them

No trouble yet!

Jun 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM
I don't anymore.
So how is this mod going? The idea seemed interesting.