Please help! Can't make smooth transition in PXTone

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:53 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi everyone,
I trying to learn the basics of PxTone but am having trouble making notes go "up and down" smoothly.
Here's an example of my problem, any help would be appreciated! :toroko2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLy28yWNAoI&feature=youtu.be

Extra info,

- It only seems to work when opening up .ptcop files from other music. When I try to make my own music, it simply doesnt work

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:06 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I believe what you are looking for is the key porta function.

Here's a quote from a tutorial I found here...

Portamento is the ability to slide notes from one value to another without pause. (...) The first thing that must be done is a note must be written. Draw a single note the entire length of the beginning note and the ending note's duration.
From here, at the point where the note is to start sliding up or down to the next note, use the finger tool and write in the second note from that point to the end of the note's duration.

Now, if played, you will hear no audible difference. (...It will automatically keep playing the same sound at the different rate.) From this point, you need to specify your portamento speed. To do this, select the Key Porta option from the bottom left, where the other volume controls are. To work it, simply click and drag from a point before or at the beginning of the note to be effected. The longer the line you draw, the longer it takes for the note to bend to the value of the next note. Watch out! Setting the porta value too high can cause the note to not even reach the second note! If this occurs, it will stop at whatever value it was at when the second note started playing and continue playing at that value until the note ceases. Hopefully this was enough to cover everything needed about Portamento!

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks!
That seems to be the fix

TheVinylCheese said:
I believe what you are looking for is the key porta function.

Here's a quote from a tutorial I found here...
OMGThankyouThankyou!!
I've learnt so much after you've helped me :p
On the "postyour PXtone creations" post, I linked one of my first tracks. Would be great if you checked it out