Play Cave Story with the Wiimote

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:24 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi guys, my first post here :)

Once a while I got bored and os I created a glovePIE script which allows you to play Cave Story with the Nintendo Wiimote.

Controls:
You have to hold the Wiimote like a NES-Controller (flipped by 90° with the D-Pad left)

D-Pad = movement
1 = jump
2 = attack
+ = items
- = map
A = weapon switch right
B = weapon switch left
Home = Escape

To get them to work you have to change the controls to Keyboard and use Arrowkeys

You can get the script here
And GlovePIE here

Hope you enjoy it! ;)

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:04 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
If GlovePIE worked with the Classic Controller.... :)

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:07 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
the newest version, 0.29 works with the Classic Controller, if you want i can write you a script for it

Jun 4, 2007 at 3:39 PM
"..."
I tried getting it to recognize my Classic Controller and it didn't work.

Granted, I'm on Vista and using the default Bluetooth Stack. I heard the Bluesoliei Stack worked better but all it did was crash my computer.

EDIT: And, when out of curiosity, I try it again, it works with the Bluetooth Fix. Ugh.

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:23 AM
JinSaotome
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
I'm sorry, but how do you get this to work? I loaded to .PIE script in GlovePIE and ran it, but nothing is happening :D

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:42 PM
"..."
Your Wiimote is connection via Bluetooth, right? You've gotta hold both the 1 and 2 button while it's searching for devices to connect it.

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:56 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Gotta love it. If you have a Wiimote, but not a Wii, then you are a true Nerd. Or just really stupid.

Jul 16, 2007 at 8:31 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have a Wii and I got Wii Play so my dad could have a Wii Remote for his computer in the living room as a mouse/remote.

I often use the classic controller as a wireless PC gamepad. It's comparable to a Dual Shock(no rumble) and BT adapters go for 15-20usd if youwait for a sale.

BTW, I use RMX Emulation for just buttons, but I have to use WiinRemote for mouse emulation.