Over Again

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:28 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Die over... and over...... and over.......
I've been thinking of a new mod, once Warf Story is complete, of course, which I'm getting to work on more next week.
I'm just getting ideas down, really..
So, this idea kind of started when thinking about the Warf Story storyline, and the design of my areas in game, of which I have introduced a hub of various connections to future areas. Of course, all unreachable due to the requirement of having the booster. So, i was thinking, what if all areas were accessible from the beginning?
Of course, this would wreck all sorts of chaos and I quickly dismissed it, as I've been playing copious amounts of exploratory games, such as Dark Souls, of which you have immediate access to other areas, but near instantly die from enimy rapage...
Then I got thinking that this may actually be a plausible idea.
The different ways you can go through areas and complete them in different orders could affect many things in many ways, and, like in Dark Souls, you really need to play multiple times to unlock all the secrets and get all of the stuff...
You could go to an easier area at the beginning for little challange until you get another weapon or item to make you stronger, or make things easier, or you could skip right to an incredibly difficult area for the immense challenge.
There's already a mod like this, i think, but it's an idea. I'm just putting down my ideas, now, back to the Markiplier mod...

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:31 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Really neat idea I have to say. I want to see if it's going to work well.

Mar 27, 2015 at 5:09 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I didn't know this game got modded.

It is a cool concept. Promotes replaying the game often too.

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
I watched a YouTube video which explained "the easy way and the hard way" being one of the major themes in Cave Story, and how taking certain items to make the game easier (machine gun, booster v0.8) might not yield the best results in the long run.

Perhaps completing the more difficult levels first could yield a better reward / different plot outcome? Challenges are nice, but some may expect a reward for blazing a different trail.

I'd give you the video link, but the post editor does not like the copy / paste function. Just try searching "Cave Story Symbolism" on YouTube and look for a video made by EmceeProphlt if you're interested.