OrgMaker Question

Sep 2, 2005 at 12:50 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How do you export in OrgMaker (you know, the program used to make CS's music) into MP3, or better, WAV?

I am making a game in RPG Maker and I am using the composer to compose the music, so I can't add script to make the game itself read .orgs, like you would in C++ or Java. Am I doomed to using MP3 MY MP3? Cause I really hate that program...

Please help by providing your thoughts, tips/ideas, and links to *guides?*.

Sep 3, 2005 at 2:56 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Use a recorder program,like Total recorder (google)

Sep 3, 2005 at 5:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Umm, I don't like using recorders...any other way?

Sep 11, 2005 at 12:50 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You'll pretty much have to use a recorder of some sort... but if you'd like, I already have the whole Cave Story soundtrack in mp3 form (however, it isn't in a good form for constant repeat like you'd probably want in a game...)

*shrug* If anyone wants it, at any rate, I'll hook you up; let me know. twinge[at]gmail[dot]com.

---
Just Be Tees - T-shirts for everyone

Sep 11, 2005 at 10:14 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Nah...already got that...

RM2K doesn't accept orgs, and OrgMaker is my main composition program (after all, there are no other freeware composers...)

Sep 14, 2005 at 2:08 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
If you want, you can try MIDI sequencing instead. Much the same as OrgMaker, and many game making programs support MIDI to some extent. Anvil Studio is probably the best of the free sequencers, and it is possible to manually transcribe Orgs to a MIDI. Takes a bit of work and tweaking though.

I've done it with a couple of Cave Story's tracks. It involves copying the note pattern for each track, choosing new instruments, and then transposing the tracks up or down to the same scale that OrgMaker uses. It's a process that might come in handy for someone who actually does their composing in OrgMaker...

Sep 15, 2005 at 11:56 PM
Nephtis
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
If you want, you can try MIDI sequencing instead. Much the same as OrgMaker, and many game making programs support MIDI to some extent. Anvil Studio is probably the best of the free sequencers, and it is possible to manually transcribe Orgs to a MIDI. Takes a bit of work and tweaking though.

I've done it with a couple of Cave Story's tracks. It involves copying the note pattern for each track, choosing new instruments, and then transposing the tracks up or down to the same scale that OrgMaker uses. It's a process that might come in handy for someone who actually does their composing in OrgMaker...
Would you mind posting the MIDIs? I've been eager to find CaveStory MIDIs for months because I've wanted to have some awesome Ringtones for my phone. If you could post them, I would be forced to proclaim you god.

Thanks.

Sep 21, 2005 at 1:27 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Haven't done many. Once I get Gravity done, I'll post them (only because it has to go with Balrog's Theme). More importantly, I can't get to the Doukutsu Uploader anymore, so I'll post the Orgs here too. Once that's done, more people can help make them into MIDIs...

Oct 17, 2005 at 7:40 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
There's a trick with PC computers (with windows, since its the one I'm using) to trick the speakers into recording the music for you, but you need the .wav recorder that comes with 95 and 98 (I dunno if its in the other windows sets, since those are the only two OS's I've ever used) you just need to set the input to speaker mix or something close to that, I'd have to set it up again sometime.