ORG Music Problems

Jun 6, 2008 at 5:50 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
oddness.... I used ResHacker after editing with Sue's Workshop, but the game didnt corrupt. the org worked too

Jun 6, 2008 at 5:50 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Someone needs to fix that save & test & crash thing. But how is Cave Editor any better than SW? Apart from the entity identifying thing?

Jun 6, 2008 at 5:53 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oh I'll tell you how its better.

xD

well actually i can't really see much dif between the 2. I just prefer CaveEditor. It kinda sux how u cant have more than one script/map window open at once (you can have 1 of each, but not 2 of the same kind).

Jun 6, 2008 at 5:57 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Absolute Zero,

Could you list exactly step by step the process you used when replacing with resHacker.
EVERY STEP. It could help us diagnose the problem.

Jun 6, 2008 at 6:38 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
CaveEditor can edit the start health, like, how much health you have at the start, 1/3, 2/3, 3/5, 7/5, etc.

It can also automatically remove the (C)Pixel requirement.

Also, syntax checking.

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oh yea those features are nice too :p.
It's been a real pain so far trying to fix the bugs with the mimiga mask and guards (getting it so that the guards don't throw you in jail when they see you with the mask).

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Justin-chan
When you get the mimiga mask, you add a flag right?

Just go to your intruder event, and put <FLJ(flag):0000 at the top.

So its like

#EVENT NUMBER
<FLJ(flag):0000
<KEY<MSGintruder lol. gtfo to cell, kthxbai<NOD<CLR<CLO<END

or whatever your script is.

Then just add talking events.

Jun 6, 2008 at 5:45 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hm, it's been a while since I did it, so I can't properly tell you step-by-step how I did it. If I remember correctly, I read two tutorials, both of which had the same step by step process, and I followed them exactly. As soon as I did, the game loaded corrupted in Sue's Workshop... If the point to do the ORG swapping AFTER you're done editing it? That'll be a pain, making a backup and swapping the music every single time I release a demo... But I guess if it's the only way... :eek:

Jun 7, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Justin-chan
You're supposed to ResHack after editing it. :/

Jun 12, 2008 at 6:02 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:53 AM
Justin-chan
Uh, <FLJEVENT:0000

Also, private servers suck, levelling up fast FTL.

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
You're using Resource hacker right?

If so all you have to do is
a)Replace an existing org with your created org
b)when replacing specify its an ORG file
c)make its name right
AND where i think your having the problem....
d)say its code language is 1041

if you do that i think it should work

ex.
org-help.jpg

if your doing this correctly then i don't see why your game is glitching...

Oooohhh my god thankyou so much!
I didn't have any idea at all about changing
music
I combed the forums for usefull stuff
but i never saw anything about resource hackers
the programs super simple too which is great
cause all that hex stuff is way over my head

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:43 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
An answer at last...

If absolute zer0 is still alive, I think I have an answer to his question. If not, well it should help others out there anyways.

What I believe to be the problem that Absolute zero was encountering was that he would open the .exe with SW after adding new orgs. SW will read the .exe, but some offsets will be off because of the new music and SW will corrupt the .exe. CaveEditor however won't corrupt a .exe with new orgs in it (one of CE's more redeeming features). This is what I believe to be Absolute zero's problem.

So in conclusion, if you edit with SW, add the orgs once your done editing the game, so as not to cause corruption.

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:03 AM
Been here way too long...
it doesn't corrupt, it changes the offsets.
same effect though.

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:51 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
ohhh...wait
I've managed to replace just 1 org with the resource hacker but now everytime i try to replace an org it corrupts the file in a pretty wierd way....
instead of coming up with some error and closing down it just stays on the loading screen and it just freezes. It's just a little wierd cause nothing happened the first time i replaced the file - even though i use sue's workshop
I'll keep trying anyway

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:08 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Uncy Dave said:
ohhh...wait
I've managed to replace just 1 org with the resource hacker but now everytime i try to replace an org it corrupts the file in a pretty wierd way....
instead of coming up with some error and closing down it just stays on the loading screen and it just freezes. It's just a little wierd cause nothing happened the first time i replaced the file - even though i use sue's workshop
I'll keep trying anyway

How to change percussion instruments in mods...

Custom .ORG crash mystery solved!

These two threads might help you, and if they don't please post your problem in more detail.

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:26 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
I already knew about that drum stuff but i'll check the org files again just incase i did put any other drum beats in the file i'm trying to upload
there isn't any limit to the instrument sounds that you can use is there? or is it just a limit to drum sounds?
Edit: Hold on i checked your post about the drum stuff and i saw something about org maker 1.34 being more compatible for cave story than org maker 2.05.
I'me using 2.05 and i only got one imported org to work so do you think the problem has anything to do with me using org maker 2.05 not 1.34?

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Uncy Dave said:
Edit: Hold on i checked your post about the drum stuff and i saw something about org maker 1.34 being more compatible for cave story than org maker 2.05.
I'me using 2.05 and i only got one imported org to work so do you think the problem has anything to do with me using org maker 2.05 not 1.34?

That might be the case, it really depends. Personally I don't know however because I've always used 1.34 . Upload your org and I'll see if I can spot anything wrong with it.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
i've made a short one that i've been trying to use for a while that never seems to work when i try to import it. this one is made in org maker 2.05 by the way so if you really want to see if something's wrong with it then go ahead i'll try copying it down note by note into org maker 1.34 and see if that makes a difference. It would be brilliant if i could get this sorted out cause i'm making a mod right now and i want to try and change as much as possible and by making some of my own music i think that'll really help.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3f671870988258c24012e8015643d9c883c04148995e6ae5

Mar 10, 2009 at 10:26 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Uncy Dave said:
i've made a short one that i've been trying to use for a while that never seems to work when i try to import it. this one is made in org maker 2.05 by the way so if you really want to see if something's wrong with it then go ahead i'll try copying it down note by note into org maker 1.34 and see if that makes a difference. It would be brilliant if i could get this sorted out cause i'm making a mod right now and i want to try and change as much as possible and by making some of my own music i think that'll really help.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3f671870988258c24012e8015643d9c883c04148995e6ae5

There's actually nothing wrong with this org. I imported it into a doukutsu.exe that I had lying around and it worked just fine. It should work. Here's a checklist of things you should check before you start panicking.

1. Check your "error.txt" thing to see if there's any errors being reported there (it will appear in the cavestory folder if the game crashes or something)
2. Be sure that you are replacing another org, not adding one.
3. If using SW, only add the org files AFTER your done all your editing, and make a backup before replacing orgs. Opening a doukutsu.exe with SW that has had its orgs change tends to lead to problems.
4. Check that you aren't having any notes in the last 3 drum tracks.

Most of those will seem redundent, but I think the problem your facing is #3.
If no progress is made, upload the mod/exe and try to include a copy of it before you swapped orgs (if possible). If the exe is corrupted, you'll just have to copy a new doukutsu.exe, which isn't too bad unless you've done assembly and hex hax.