.ORG files into .OGG files?

May 28, 2016 at 4:04 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Is there a way I can turn .ORG files into .OGG files?

May 28, 2016 at 4:08 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
use any of the multitude of threads describing how to convert them to WAV or MP3 and change the last step to "ogg"

May 28, 2016 at 4:11 AM
Soup Man
use any of the multitude of threads describing how to convert them to WAV or MP3 and change the last step to "ogg"
Could I see one of these threads? Thanks.

May 28, 2016 at 4:18 AM
War criminal
Have you tried using this new mechanic at the top of the page called the "search bar"?

May 28, 2016 at 4:24 AM
Soup Man
When I search that I only find this thread.

May 29, 2016 at 3:43 AM
Based Member
This thread shows how to get it into a .wav or .mp3 sound file:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/converting-org-files-to-mp3-whatever.810/
Then use an encoder to convert it to .ogg.

Also, since the music forum is fairly small, I've found it more effective to just sort all the threads in the music section by most viewed. The first couple of pages should have all the interesting threads relevant to what has been done with .org files.

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If you are after the CS soundtrack in ogg format then I have raw wav files from my org to mp3 conversions that I can directly convert to high quality ogg files.

If you are hoping to convert your own org custom org files then I would recommend that you use the sound card recording method (simply because the conversion is more faithful to the original).

1. Open Orgmaker and open the org file with it.
2. Install and open Audacity.
3. Set the recording volume to 0.12, and playback volume to 1.00.
4. Set the recording device to stereo mix.
5. If stereo mix isn't under recording devices then let me know what brand of sound card you have and I'll tell you how to fix it.
6. Uncheck software playthough in recording preferences (assuming that it isn't already unchecked).
7. Lower the volume on your physical speakers to preserve your ears (since playback volume has been maxed).
8. Make sure that no sound is emanating from any other open programs before you proceed.
9. Press record in audacity and then press play in Orgmaker (in that order, it is recommended that you have both Orgmaker and Audacity's windows next to each other so that you can readily access the play/record/stop buttons on both without touching the taskbar).
10. When the audio you wish to record has played press stop in Orgmaker and then again in Audacity.
11. Check that the recording matches the volume of the original. If it doesn't then play hot and cold with recording volumes until you hit that sweet spot. If the recording volume is too high then those high notes will be cut off, so it is best to get the recording volume right once and just leave it that way, so that you only have to set the playback volume to 1.00 to record at that same volume for every org file you record.
12. Remove the empty sections at the start and end of the recording.
13. Select the last few seconds and apply a fade effect.
14. At this point you should export to a wav file and then convert that file to ogg using your converter of choice.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2016 at 6:26 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Dude, learn to record your computer's sound using Audacity and then just record the ORG. Then you can export the recording as an .ogg file. With the same skills, you can record music from any YouTube video for free.

Aug 5, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Professional Whatever
Dude, learn to record your computer's sound using Audacity and then just record the ORG. Then you can export the recording as an .ogg file.
it seems like the post immediately above yours is a faster and easier solution, so...
With the same skills, you can record music from any YouTube video for free.
sites already do this for you

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:53 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Aug 6, 2016 at 1:45 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I've finished adding .ogg downloads of every Cave Story track, and added .flac downloads to the mix while I was at it.

http://www.cavestory.org/download/music.php

The music downloads directory is 5.4GB by this point. To put that in perspective, the max capacity for the server that this entire site is hosted on is 30GB.

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:21 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I've been using this since yesterday, and it goes pretty well. You have to get foobar, which is free, to use it, and if you want to have it export to .mp3, you have to get a compiled version of LAME.
Is there any way to disable the 10 second fade out on the foobar component?
I'd use the winamp plugin instead, but it's crap (some of the samples are corrupted / different so it sounds awful)

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:05 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Is there any way to disable the 10 second fade out on the foobar component?

There is a way.
File -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Playback -> Organya decoder -> Timing
I'll let you do the rest from there.

With the same skills, you can record music from any YouTube video for free.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2016 at 7:23 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Oh my gosh thank you
Just one thing I played Pulse and it sounds fucked up. like the start is completely wrong. Is there any other settings I should check? Or does someone here atlest have a link where I can message the guy who made the component?

Last edited: