I'm not even sorry.

Here's the RTA version by lurkchan:

May 2, 2014 at 3:39 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
An Ikachan TAS is exactly what the world has been waiting for

May 2, 2014 at 3:42 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I've never played Ikachan before. It looks cool, from what I'm seeing in the TAS.

May 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Reminds me of that A Link To The Past speedrun glitch (only doable on emulator) where you can go through walls by pressing up and down simultaneously, which allows you to go straight to the end-game room as soon as you reach the first dungeon. The beginning of the game is perfectly normal, although really well-done, and suddenly Link disappears through a staircase and teleports through empty rooms until the end credits. Pretty amusing

May 2, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I like it when I can check TASVideos and then pop back over here and see that something's been posted already :]

May 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM
The Preacher
There seems to be a lot of unnecessary actions in this TAS.
First of all, why go out of your way to, not only level up twice, but also level up very early, given that you don't even need more than 4 HP (one level up is enough) and you never need many extra HPs (what you lose in order to go faster, you gain it back by eating the fish on your path)?
The way I see it, he should just run (i mean, swim) straight to the first fishbone NPC, gathering only the fish on his path, then talk to the NPC in front of the spaceship (after avoiding death on the blowfish when getting out of the start zone), then go fight the stars, maybe getting hit once or twice to gain time while healing back and leveling up ONCE thanks to the fish on his path (there are largely enough for that), reach the stars boss with at least 5/8 HP, and then finish the game with 1 HP (or more) left with the glitch. That would save like 20 seconds easily maybe.

Obviously there must be a reason why he doesn't do that (I mean, it's a TAS), so does that mean he has to level up to talk to the fishbone NPC or...? (I don't know Ikachan by heart sorry)

May 2, 2014 at 6:50 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You need to gain two levels, or else you can't damage the attack stars.

May 3, 2014 at 2:33 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Hiino said:
Reminds me of that A Link To The Past speedrun glitch (only doable on emulator) where you can go through walls by pressing up and down simultaneously, which allows you to go straight to the end-game room as soon as you reach the first dungeon. The beginning of the game is perfectly normal, although really well-done, and suddenly Link disappears through a staircase and teleports through empty rooms until the end credits. Pretty amusing
I beg to differ.

I can do it on my GBA no sweat, I can't speak for a SNES controller, but it's possible.

May 3, 2014 at 2:35 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
you can do it if you modify your controller too

May 3, 2014 at 2:44 PM
The Preacher
grampaglasses said:
You need to gain two levels, or else you can't damage the attack stars.
I see. That explains a bit, but there still are much more efficient ways to level up twice than the way he did it imo.

Bombchu Link said:
I beg to differ.

I can do it on my GBA no sweat, I can't speak for a SNES controller, but it's possible.
Oh, didn't know that. Well at least my point was that you can't do it on the original.

Noxid said:
you can do it if you modify your controller too
Yeah duh thanks, you can also do it if you hack your game

May 3, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Been here way too long...
It looks like most of the run wasn't tool-assisted, just the glitch was.

May 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Hiino said:
Yeah duh thanks, you can also do it if you hack your game
just sayin' the original hardware allows it, hacking the game is kind of a step beyond breaking your d-pad a little bit

May 4, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
TAS Submission said:
Due to an oversight, it's possible to end the battle with one Attack Star still alive. Even better, this Attack Star is able to follow you around.
In case some of you guys didn't notice: after you beat the second star two more stars are released toward the top left. The thing is, you don't really need to beat the star to the right in order to finish the fight. When you defeat the left star, the block that blocks the next star is removed, while the right star doesn't really contribute anything.

This exploit has been patched in the 3DS version though. A second block has been added to block the last (bottom right) star, and the only way to remove that added block is to kill that right star.

May 4, 2014 at 4:21 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ShinyElectricBlueTiger said:
In case some of you guys didn't notice: after you beat the second star two more stars are released toward the top left. The thing is, you don't really need to beat the star to the right in order to finish the fight. When you defeat the left star, the block that blocks the next star is removed, while the right star doesn't really contribute anything.

This exploit has been patched in the 3DS version though. A second block has been added to block the last (bottom right) star, and the only way to remove that added block is to kill that right star.
Oh neat. I guess Pixel realized that glitch existed, but didn't patch it for some reason.

May 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Not so much a glitch as he probably forgot/didn't bother to set a death check flag for it originally

May 23, 2014 at 3:52 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thats one cool looking Ikachan run you got there, bro.