On Modding and Mods

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
echo of file_get_contents seems to make it more clear what you are doing, I guess.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:36 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'd say this is getting really offtopic but I doubt there was ever any topic to begin with

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
You know what else I hate that's related to Cave Story modding somehow? Paintings. Mods sometimes use art and paintings are art. But paintings are stupid, and they try to concer you with their lead-ass paint. Most people like paintings, but I only like digital ones, because you don't have to do things with colors. And don't even get me started on all those brushes. What is it? Some sort of dumb? I should be able to use my favorite brushes and no other ones ever, because I only make things for me. Some people even use this weird ass water color stuff. Why? Why would you wanna risk getting wet AND paint on you? It just doesn't make sense.

Everyone who disagrees with me is dumb.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
But matt, I hold a contradictory and equally arbitrary opinion on paintings as I believe paintings are a window to the soul. The paint mixes with the artist's tears and poverty to form a new elevated substance that has a higher intrinsic value than the sum of its parts. Paintings can also be traded for goods and services except for the ones that only take government-backed fiat currency which is kind of ridiculous. As well, I think a painting should use EVERY brush at once because the more tools that are used then obviously the higher quality the end result will be.

Essentially you're wrong and you should feel bad

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
You make a valid point but screw you.

Let me tell you a story, one time I was forced to paint for a class on color theory and I didn't like. I may have learned alot from it but at what cost?! What if that lead based paint gave me cancer, or worse, art cancer? How would people who paint live with themselves. Compared to digital painting, painting might as well be litterally the source of all evil in the world.

A painting...
the-devils-day-of-down-time-mikey-milliken.jpg

A digital painting...
Super_Jesus_by_Daowg.jpg

See! SEEEEEE!!!

Also my opinion is far more exclamation marked than you so you're the dumbest person in litterally the entire glaxayverse.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Note:
Noxid has the power of VolleyDebug.

Volley can... well... make everyone's mod/fangame (except King: Strife & Sacrifice) look really bad.
The cutscene portraits in K:S&S are AMAZING...