Obligatory "10 years since I joined CSTSF" Post

Sep 11, 2024 at 3:22 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Pronouns: he/him
Ten years ago, I registered for an account here on the forums, where I started by... well, I didn't get the confirmation email due to an error with the registration process, so it took me a while before I actually made a post or interacted with people. I discovered Cave Story by accident and played through it during the summer. I was completely blown away by what I experienced. When I found a community of people who also really liked Cave Story, I thought that was great!

Through the forums, I met lots of people and made many friends. I think I achieved positive growth as a person because of my time here and with the community around it. I drifted away at some point as life pulled me in other directions. By the time I wanted to return, I realized I didn't know what to say anymore. Even though I haven't been around much and wasn't a particularly active poster when I was frequently visiting, this place is special to me. It's something of a "home on the Internet" in my eyes.

I've thought about what I would do for this post for a long time. My first instinct was to write something excessively long that detailed some of the lasting experiences I had because of the CSTSF. Now that the day is here, I just want to keep it simple. What I appreciate most about my time here is the people who have made it a community. Forum activity has been greatly reduced by social media and Discord, both here and elsewhere. I don't know if it's going to get better anytime soon. Even if it's not particularly active, I hope the forums continue to have a healthy community for many years to come.

I'd like to thank all the friends I've made here for the impact they've had on my life. Even if we're not really acquainted anymore, I still appreciate them all.

With that, I think I've said everything I wanted to. Hopefully, I'm around every now and again. Maybe I can get my post count over the 100 mark at some point.

Sep 11, 2024 at 3:37 AM
Gay AF
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: She/Her
Congrats on sticking around for 10 years, Pummel! And yeah, I agree, I think this place is still considered "home" to even those who aren't active anymore, so who knows? Maybe one day this forum will be buzzing again!

Sep 12, 2024 at 3:54 PM
World's #1 Laharl Kinnie
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Pronouns: She/It
Who the hell would use this site for 10 years... Only insane people would lurk on this random website for a decade! (To be fair I spent my first two years on the forums banned so this might as well be my 10th year)

It's useful to use the forums as a sort of "meta-geographical compass" that way you can orient yourself and be like "okay what part of the internet am I relative to this, because this place specifically feels pretty damn right" I'm surprised people have stuck around so much, but I think that's a real good sign.

Sep 16, 2024 at 5:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
Who the hell would use this site for 10 years... Only insane people would lurk on this random website for a decade!
7 years insane and counting.

Back