King strife and sacrafice
WTF Story
Scism (I spelld tat wrong)
Jenn's Journey
Video Game
Rave Story
Dreams of Reality 2

just to name a few.

gee, that's all I can think of to say but yeah it's an idea.

Oct 1, 2015 at 8:49 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I think a wiki would be better, that way you could categorize the mods and have individual pages for them.

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:46 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Cave Story Modding Wiki. Kinda rolls off the tounge. I guess that the thread could be better, especially for newcomers and stuff. We could also have examples of what not to do.

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've offered hosting a mods archive page a few times but there was never a lot of support for the idea

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:24 PM
Professional Whatever
an actual archive would be good to have in my opinion, we have quickie guide but i'm pretty sure dt's given up on that

categorizing mods based on their "notability" or whatever is stupid tho

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:49 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
rank on amount of change would be nice, we could exclude all the ones that are just slight edits where the change has no substance of notable quality

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:16 PM
I don't think it's a bad idea to have a list of "these mods do stuff well".

That would be somewhat subjective though. Also, I don't exactly think the ones listed in the opening post would be the best examples.

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:38 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
KSS and WTF are notable at the very least because of the 2xres hack which they implement well.
Schism won a Mod Award.
DoR2 had a lot of unique ASM in it and is probably one of the better examples of pushing the executable to its limits there are. JJ, Rave story, and video game aren't super notable aside from the video game time attack stuff.

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:48 PM
KSS and WTF are notable at the very least because of the 2xres hack which they implement well.
Neither of them were ever finished though. The Show is probably my favorite 2x mod, but I don't know if I've played every 2x mod.

If I ever finish the Ikachan mod, I think that would be notable :p

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Professional Whatever
it doesn't matter if they were finished if they're good

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:50 PM
it doesn't matter if they were finished if they're good
Complete is good :p I think both KSS and WTF Story seemed more like technical demos than good mods.

Oct 3, 2015 at 11:21 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Complete is good :p I think both KSS and WTF Story seemed more like technical demos than good mods.
Whether they are complete or not, KSS and WTF Story did show what CS modding is really capable of. Which is why they still are a thing, even when they are both cancelled.

The idea of having such a list would make new people think CS has plenty great mods of the same quality of the ones mentoined, and can lead to some new users think most others are bad more quickly.
Then again, it might also not, it dephends on how such a list is going to be used and what is on the list.

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:12 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
You guys are forgetting The Donald Trump Cake Escapade. Every new user should be able to get their Trump fix.

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:56 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
#BringBackMiseryStory

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:26 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
KSS and WTF get alot of popularity from the way they used the (now unobtainable) 2x hack.Cave Story X Megaman was kool. Schism wasn't all that memorable IMO. The Traveler was pretty neat despite it not being complete currently. I personally liked Cave Story Beta Remake but that hasn't gone anywhere in the last million years, apparently someone was inspired by my old mod Wind Story to make a "New" Beta Remake that I actually recorded and uploaded. CS: Plumber Edition was cool. 4.13th ending was neat. Gamecube Geek's Hype Train was fun but small. Wat Story was... Special . Cave Atari had alot of gud ideas. Rave Story was actually interesting. Cave Story Remastered was great. Jenka's Nightmare was fun. Misery Story was Grate. A CaveStory Mod, a Mod of the game CaveStory. Cavestory mod Cavestory game mod! [Mod] [CaveStory]!!! (John Cena Story) Was a Nice Meme. But we all know The Wrath of Feces was the "Best" and Sue's Story "Sucked" as a mod.