(Not) Looking for Collab. Partners (Anymore)

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:19 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
SuperJaws100 said:
The problem is how rude people are when you ask for anything around here, even with work to show for it.

And the people who do decide to try and help are not always the best at what they do, and then the same people who were rude before are rude again criticizing the artwork.

And I say this from experience.
You have to be careful about how you ask for things, or else you come off as an entitled brat. This is generally what provokes the "rude" responses.

Most of the people I've seen criticizing your work haven't been rude, they've just been honest. If you're going to post something here, don't expect people to hold back on their opinions.

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:33 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I could help out, if you want. I know that I am not really the best when it comes to story, but I am decent at spriting, and can make an interesting level design. I also dab a bit in ASM, but I can't do anything special with it.

Also, keep in mind that you should only have one, rarely two, people working on art or level design, as conflicting design styles can end badly. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:38 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
You have to be careful about how you ask for things, or else you come off as an entitled brat. This is generally what provokes the "rude" responses.

Most of the people I've seen criticizing your work haven't been rude, they've just been honest. If you're going to post something here, don't expect people to hold back on their opinions.
I think the way Silverpaw's contentions started out with H&H were pretty rude.

And seriously, entitled brat? When Doctor Who Story was running, I merely added a subtext to the post saying "Help with art and sprites would be appreciated" and I got plenty of rude responses.
Bionicobot said:
I could help out, if you want. I know that I am not really the best when it comes to story, but I am decent at spriting, and can make an interesting level design. I also dab a bit in ASM, but I can't do anything special with it.

Also, keep in mind that you should only have one, rarely two, people working on art or level design, as conflicting design styles can end badly. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Apparently this sort of thing is a bad idea. I think being able to call on Kuro for beta-testing and sprite/art design will be sufficient. Thank you for the offer, however.

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:56 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
SuperJaws100 said:
And seriously, entitled brat? When Doctor Who Story was running, I merely added a subtext to the post saying "Help with art and sprites would be appreciated" and I got plenty of rude responses.
Go get two examples of those rude responses, please. I just read that whole thread and the only posts to do with you asking for help with sprites were the ones GIVING THEM TO YOU. Frankly, man, you've been acting so damn entitled and aggressive and defensive lately. Do you think the whole forum's out to get you or something?

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:56 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
On the CSTSF it always looks like everyone's out to get you even though we are not.

We've been separated from normal forum activity for so long we forgot how to add pointless smiley faces, and rainbowy hearts to the end of our posts to help soften the honesty and bluntness in what we say.

We have seen so many fall before you that we are just thinking to ourselves. "all been done before kid. Do it the way it works best and you will have a 40% chance at most of seeing the end credits of your mod."

It's just the way we roll 'round here.

E: best way to get people to help you is to first make something that is worth to be played, then everyone will come crawling on their hands and knees begging to help you.