Nooooo...Ace of Spades :(

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
One of the best freeware FPS...Ace of Spades...has stopped being freeware. 3 minutes of silence for the freeware genre :`(

http://www.aceofspades.com/

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Before I even got a chance to play it, it became pay to play. D:>

R.I.P. a part of the freeware genre. :[

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
:'(
If it's anything freeware, some part of me wants to play it, even if it's only for a few minutes.
*Sigh*
It's even worse that it's a near combination of two of my favorite game types, like Minecraft and TF2 combined
At least it's still on steam As I say, you can't hide from Steam, it travels everywhere you can breathe
I'm sorry to see this game go, and it spontaneously makes me want to play other good freewares, like CS

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Goodbye, AOS... We'll miss you...

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I have no problem with the fact that it's not free anymore, I'm upset that they butchered the game.
It's been turned from a slow paced and long ranged massive scale gunfight into TF2 with destructible terrain.

There's really no point to having buildable terrain if the other team can just fly over it with jetpacks and completely wreck that base you spend 20 minutes building with one explosive.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Oh this is not good...

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
But never fear, 0.75 of the voxlap version is still playable http://buildandshoot.com/]here![/URL]
It's a fan community based around the original game. I didn't think much of it until I saw what a bastardized disaster the Steam release was, so now I'm diving in to see where things go. It seems like a bit of a legal grey area, so it should be fun to watch.

They're also working on remaking the game from the ground up so it can be updated in the future, rather than being locked to .75 with no way to further develop it.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Something else to mention, the developer doesn't give two craps about the bugs. There's a most likely, easily fixable bug(I don't know much about coding, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard, unless he completely screwed over the engine, and the spectator team is this whole new game different from either Blue or Green) in which certain video cards get a green/blue screen when playing on either team beyond spectator, and he's be resisting to fix it for quite some time now. There wasn't even a warning on the Steam page and this bug has been there since release.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Why bother fixing that piece of shit now? They spent so long focusing on the elements of the game that didn't matter like the maps and jumping and classes that the game just needs to die. You can play the beta for free still btw. A fan sight has running servers somewhere, do some googling.

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I remember playing this a while ago (when it was free) it had quite a lot of potential to be something good.Then the game got bought by some company and they made the theme more Call of Duty and broke the mechanics.
Building is no longer fun or essential and it feels worse than when it was in alpha/beta. Honestly, quite a shame.