New Forum Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2008 at 7:10 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Just wanted to let everyone know that MetaSeraphim is now part of the MG.Net staff and will be assisting with organizing and restructuring the forums so that we can start adding more forum choices and content for our visitors.

-SkyeWelse

Dec 30, 2008 at 5:58 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Wtf.

Grats.

But wtf.

And her staff title is "specialized person"? :D

Dec 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
MetaSeraphim expressed great interest in helping out the forum from a design / structuring perspective. After learning that MetaSeraphim runs another forum and has pretty decent knowledge about how vB works, I decided that it would be nice to have such a person helping out. I've got a few plans that I'd like to see implemented here on the forums and its nice to have another point of view from another forum web/admin.

S.P. and andwhyisit will also be part of the new design process when we get started. Though I've not seen S.P. visit the new forums yet and andwhyisit told me that he's going to be away for the better half of January.

Edit: Scratch that, S.P. is back! I just noticed he left a visitor message. Rejoice? Coffee? Cake? There will be cake. : )

As for specialized person, that's a custom title. MetaSeraphim probably changed it since being added to the staff special projects section of the forum... This is where all the secret work is done before being magically implemented on the forums with the possibility of crashing things. : ) Think of it like a mad scientist's lab.

-SkyeWelse

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:39 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
How about some coffee cake? lol

Whatever we end up adding to the forum I hope the members will like it.

Dec 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, S. P. means... "Specialized Person"? :D

Anyway, congrats Meta.

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:35 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Grats MS.

I still can't believe you're staff though.

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM
Justin-chan
You're first on my list for banning, Jake.

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Justin-chan
No one is here to save you, Jesus Christ is in Heaven now.

And that explains why your post count is catching up with me.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:04 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hmm, I'm sensing a few of you are unhappy with this decision to make MetaSeraphim part of the staff.

I think some of you might be missing the greater point in that MetaSeraphim is helping us bring in new content, features and forum structure/organizational ideas, and has been very helpful so far I might add. MetaSeraphim is not a moderator and has not been assigned a task of banning anyone on the forums. Instead, MetaSeraphim has been brought on as a "Special Projects and Forum Designer".

So with that in mind, I hope you will at least extend MetaSeraphim a bit more courteousy, in that she's offered to help these forums grow to be even more interesting than they are now with new content and features. There are a lot of things planned to make this community better than it has ever been before.

-SkyeWelse

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:01 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hmm, I guess. Though every announcement I've ever made about appointing someone new to the staff has pretty much come out of nowhere at the time that I announce it, at least publicly. But there is always plenty of dialogue behind the scenes before things become official.

-SkyeWelse

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:34 AM
Justin-chan
It's a more of for teh lulz kind of thing, Skye.

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I'm old fashioned, so I have absolutely no clue what you meant when you said "For teh Lulz". So I looked it up:
"I Did It For The Lulz" (IDIFTL) is a catchphrase which serves as a catch-all explanation for any trolling you do or any internet drama you cause. If you are experiencing troll's remorse, saying "I did it for the lulz" three times out loud should clear your conscience, therefore cleansing your soul in all circumstances... no matter for all those dead Sudanese. Encyclopedia Dramatica is proof that doing something for the lulz is rarely always a good the only reason to do something anything. IDIFTL is also the greatest legal defense that has ever been used, second only to the bullshit claim of insanity.

So yeah, I guess that makes a bit more since now. I really should catch up on my internet lingo at some point, even though some of it is quite painful. I still to this day hate the word "prolly".

-SkyeWelse

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Justin-chan
Yeah I hate it too.

oh and ed has some explicit content which you've been trying to stop spambots from posting should you stray and search for the wrong stuff so you may want to remove that link or else i'm banning you with my member powers of doom

Jan 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hmm, I'm not even sure what you are talking about now, but at any rate, what was needed to be said has already been mentioned. I think I'll close this thread.

Edit: Thanks for clarifying what you meant earlier jcys810. I didn't realize you were referring to the link I had posted as indirectly linking to explicit content. I quoted it instead.

-SkyeWelse

Status
Not open for further replies.