New CS3D Easter Egg?

Dec 20, 2021 at 1:13 AM
"Huzzah!"
Was browsing Twitter when I saw this tweet with a video documenting something interesting that's presumably exclusive to the JP version of CS3D.

Thoughts?

Dec 20, 2021 at 1:43 AM
"Huzzah!"
How did no one know about this until now? And why would they make it exclusive to the Japanese version?

Dec 20, 2021 at 1:46 AM
"Huzzah!"
How did no one know about this until now? And why would they make it exclusive to the Japanese version?
well, the japanese version did release over 6 months after the english one (november 2011 vs july 2012, jeez) and does have previously documented exclusive content, so it's not THAT much of a surprise, i guess?

the link in the video description has some interesting bonus info, though, i recommend giving it a read

Dec 20, 2021 at 9:26 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I wasn't sure at first if it was going to be obvious to me what the secret was, and I thought I wasn't going to understand what they were saying. And then when it hit the 50 second mark, I did a double-take. And from that point onward, I knew exactly what was going to happen next, and I knew exactly what the text was saying.

the link in the video description has some interesting bonus info, though, i recommend giving it a read
Oh come on man, don't give it away so soon. I can understand the strong desire to tell the world after you've put a lot of work into something, but that really takes the fun out of it a lot quicker. It's a lot more fun to leave people in suspense, and let the whole thing slowly unravel. Watch as some people completely buy into it, some of them are unsure, and some of them immediately see right through it and figure out how you did it. The best prank is the one where someone else gets the credit. Then again, a lot of people are just going to watch the video without reading the description, even when you tell them to, so I guess it will still have an amusing effect. Still though, I was going to hold off on posting in this thread for a little while just to help keep people guessing, until I saw just how eager you were to come forward.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:22 PM
"Huzzah!"
Oh come on man, don't give it away so soon.
oh yeah i probably shouldn't have been so obvious about that in hindsight, lmao, but people weren't reading the doc and it was annoying me

Dec 21, 2021 at 3:22 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
oh yeah i probably shouldn't have been so obvious about that in hindsight, lmao, but people weren't reading the doc and it was annoying me
Lol, isn't that pretty much the whole point of pulling a prank like that? For people not to notice?

In any case, I have to give you props for the effort here. I didn't know that it was possible to mod CS3D, and it sounds like it wasn't an easy undertaking. I was pretty surprised when I saw you shooting through that platform, and was pretty entertained. Nice to see my mod still having an impact on people almost 10 years later.

Out of curiosity, did this have anything to do with you asking me how I did the blade staying below level 3?

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
Lol, isn't that pretty much the whole point of pulling a prank like that? For people not to notice?

In any case, I have to give you props for the effort here. I didn't know that it was possible to mod CS3D, and it sounds like it wasn't an easy undertaking. I was pretty surprised when I saw you shooting through that platform, and was pretty entertained. Nice to see my mod still having an impact on people almost 10 years later.

Out of curiosity, did this have anything to do with you asking me how I did the blade staying below level 3?
yeah, though i was also just curious (i was driving myself nuts trying to figure it out before i asked, since i knew it couldn't have been ASM lol)

also to be honest, we figured we weren't gonna be able to genuinely fool people (albeit that would've been funny) - like it says in the document, we played the video straight as a sort of homage to its original release though unfortunately it seems we hit a sour spot between 'not convincing enough to genuinely trick people' and 'not obvious/interesting enough to warrant a second glance after the initial realisation'

Dec 22, 2021 at 1:35 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Would’ve fooled me if you didn’t immediately start talking in the thread about how it was fake lol