Nestroid

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:55 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Well, this may be a little clunky, but perhaps you could make passages that have a visual sign (not a literal sign, mind) that shows that you need to be "smaller" to fit inside, and if you try to walk into them normally, it says that you can't fit and denies access. However, if you switch to the morph ball you'll be able to pass just fine.

Just an idea.

Jan 3, 2015 at 6:12 AM
"Huzzah!"
Well, this may be a little clunky, but perhaps you could make passages that have a visual sign (not a literal sign, mind) that shows that you need to be "smaller" to fit inside, and if you try to walk into them normally, it says that you can't fit and denies access. However, if you switch to the morph ball you'll be able to pass just fine.

Just an idea.
Well I tried something like that, but it didn't work because I didn't physically move the character back with <MOV... I could try it, but it'll probably use up ALOT of my events... :/

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:19 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Polaris said:
Well. Aren't you just a ball of sunshine? o.o

Goodness, they didn't even give any details. It's one thing to assume things will be crappy as a defense mechanism and quite another to immediately shoot it down like that.
He's talking about a cave story fighter game and we all know that it will never happen.

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:43 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm going to try to finish the rest of brinstar today and start working on kraid or norfair.
The maps are big, so alot of the maps will probably be left empty...
Most of the maps are being designed the ones from metroid zero mission, but with my own little twist. ;)
I fixed the title screen.
p192214-0-newtitle.png

Jan 4, 2015 at 12:54 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I would love it if you could re align the words there, but otherwise everything appears to be in order

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:49 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Oh my god this looks amazing. Good work so far from what I can tell in the screen shots

Jan 4, 2015 at 8:25 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
This actually looks pretty alright, especially compared to what a lot of new people come out with in mods usually, including myself.

Jan 4, 2015 at 9:26 PM
"Huzzah!"
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
This actually looks pretty alright, especially compared to what a lot of new people come out with in mods usually, including myself.
Thank you. :) I really need hayden's CMN hack, but I guess I'l just use CMP until I get help with installing it then.

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:49 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Good job. Definetly looking forward to it. Can't wait.
Also will you remake the entire Metroid map and if yes will you make a guiding signs(because everyone know that the original map was kind of easy to get lost in.)

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:01 AM
"Huzzah!"
alfasketer said:
Good job. Definetly looking forward to it. Can't wait.
Also will you remake the entire Metroid map and if yes will you make a guiding signs(because everyone know that the original map was kind of easy to get lost in.)
Well I don't know about a map, (because I changed the 0's color, it'll mess up the map system) but I might have signs that say "norfair side a" and "norfair side b" or something. Not really sure. I might just change the numbers' colors back to white...

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:58 AM
"Huzzah!"
I've gotten more stuff done, but still not enough for a demo...
Here's some new pictures:
Brinstar.jpg
crateria.png
Music Player:
player1.png
player2.png
Edit:
Which morph ball set looks better? Set 1? or Set 2?
Morphcompare.png

What I sort of designed them from:
p192221-5-morph.png

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:40 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Set 2 looks better.

This is looking pretty sweet!

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
Jazz Jackalope said:
Set 2 looks better.

This is looking pretty sweet!
alfasketer said:
Set 2 look better and less simple.
Okay. Set 2 it is then. This is actually going pretty well so far. I've got the bubble doors working correctly, I've got some of the enemies from nes metroid... and I've made "Morph pipe" tiles.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:50 AM
"Huzzah!"
zxin said:
Assembly hacks you say? Sounds interesting...
I like the look of this mod so far. My one problem is Samus's body looks... Really small in relation to her head. (Not because she's short if that's what you were thinking...) Oh well I guess that's the down side to not (easily) being able to change the main character's sprite height :debug:
There's actually a way to do it, but it requires massive assembly hacks...
Until I can understand assembly fully, there's still alot I can't do.
Oh and thanks!
edit:
This is how the bubble doors work!
diph.php

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
zxin said:
*Finally reads your post...* WAI0025 ... Woah! Nice :mrgreen:
It actually does something where the script ends and there's a option 1 npc on both sides of the door that runs a script that closes it if the flag (is a door open?) is set. But I might just change it into one script where it just waits a little bit of time to close automatically. Right now the way it is that you could actually save with the open door flag set which could cause a potential bug that could make the door stuck closed. Honestly I like map making more than tsc but it needs to get done.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:57 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I should have noticed this before I did the last post, whoops.

knuckles5577 said:
Also, I have most of the songs from NES Metroid I need but there are still a few I don't have.
Which ones? I did quite a few songs from Metroid as ORGs, and it shouldn't take me that long to do others.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
Jazz Jackalope said:
I should have noticed this before I did the last post, whoops.

Which ones? I did quite a few songs from Metroid as ORGs, and it shouldn't take me that long to do others.
I think I have them. (Brinstar, Norfair, and Kraid?)
I'm already having Tpcool do the rest I need, so don't worry about it.