.nds into .bin?

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:18 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
By the way: this is not piracy. This is homebrew. There is a very similarly named thread where someone tried to pirate the Cave Story DSiWare files, but this is not the case; this is the free Cave Story DS homebrew demo from the main page.

I would like to try out the DS homebrew demo of Cave Story (cuz I might be able to finish it if it's open source), but do not have a flashcart. Is it possible to change a nds file into a DSiWare bin file, and have it readable?

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
1. Hahaha no you won't be able to finish it even if the following weren't true
2. It isn't open source, if it was you'd be able to download the source, wouldn't you?
3. It's really just a tech demo, which was completed and released on DSiWare; you don't need to play it

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:50 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
You could just emulate the .nds file, it isn't rocket science. I won't supply you any more information on the topic, emulation has always been an iffy topic. The demo was never intended to be played to it's full, anyways. All the areas that are accessible without tweaking the files are complete, but lack dialogue. Without any weapons or damage counters, the only interesting thing I've found was that the Final Cave is available. Good luck getting by it, though. The enemies are your only way to complete it, as the Booster v2.0 is still with Professor Booster. And even then, none of the doors work.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:07 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The .bin extension represents a generic binary file. You'll need to be more specific.