My Theory for the whole story

Do you think that it's possible?

• Total voters
Sep 13, 2015 at 12:16 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I posted this on thread 'C & Q= same robot?', but it was old, so i wanted to make new thread about it.

Ok then, my theory. I think that it's pretty possible, but it has some mistakes. I know, it's kinda long, but you should read it:

Quote is a normal robot, but he gets knocked out by someone and loose his memory, also, something breaks his wiring. But it isn't anything special, it shows up later.

He helps mimiga and all. But, when he sees a small mimiga house (the one with curly inside), he resembles that he was once killing mimiga, years ago.
Then, his broken wires are creating his second personality, Curly Brace.

Curly tells him that he probably killed mimiga in the past, like other killer robots. Then he's trying to kill his second personality, but it's too strong. Also, Curly is someone that he always wanted to be, happy, helpful and able to talk. Because Quote can't talk.

After the battle, Quote forgets about killing mimiga, so Curly feels a bit confused, she don't know why was she fighting him, and vice versa.

Quote wants to keep Curly with him, because he thinks that he can learn from her. Curly is inside Quote, but she is 'sleeping'. Until he goes to labirynth.

He feels that he will never get out of here, so he is depressed. But then he meets 2 friendly creatures, nurse and physician. He gets hope, so Curly wakes up and she tells him that there is a stone that will make tchem escape.
Of course she only imagined it, there isn't any stone. You can't escape from the labirynth.

So he goes to find that stone. Then he sees that booster dies. He is depressed once again, but this time the feeling is much stronger. But Curly motivates him to find this stone. He goes there, and he faces his depression, which is that stone.

Then Balrog appears. Balrog is his 3rd personality, the bad one. That's why he fought him many times, and always won. But this time Balrog is sad, too. So he helps them with fight, and disappears, Quote's 3rd personality dies.

Quote faints. He resembles his mission to destroy the core. He resembles his friend, destroyed robot in the Core room. He resembles his death and his fight with the core. Then he resembles his girlfriend died. Curly was created to resemble him his girlfriend.

If we skipped Booster, Quote ignores the fact that he died, it makes him strong and he also ignores the fact that his girlfriend died, he imagines that he saved her. But if we won't skip him, Quote will fall into total depression after resembling His girlfriend's death.

Curly also died at this moment, i mean his 2nd personality. Now there is nobody to help him. In his memory, he comes back to the place he loved, the mimiga village. But it's destroyed. Just like Quote himself.

He goes to destroyed egg corridor. Then, if we choose to fly with Kazuma, Quote suicides. But if we choose to stay alive, he goes to plantation, he believes that he can still help his friends, who were kidnapped by doctor.

In plantation, if we ignored Booster's death and saved curly, he can see her, she comes back to him to once again help him. But otherwise, we go to the last cave, which means the last chapter in Quote's life.

Last cave is Quote's discussion with himself, about his suiciding. After we pass it, Quote faces his 3 fears: Misery, his mother who never loved him, the doctor, who kidnapped his friends, and finally the core, his worst flashback, in which 2 of his friends died.

After he kills his fears, he saves some of his friends. But he suicides, due to other friends death.

If he saved Curly, she tells him that he is ready to rescue all of his friends, who are in the doctor's 'office'. So he goes to his base, or whatever, which is the hell for him. After long journey he finally is ready to face the doctor himself. in the best ending, he saves all of his friends, and he stays alive to the end.

With curly, of course.

Also, some of the minor notes:
-The doggy appearing in some parts of the game, plantation and Ballos' chamber, is his dog who died, and he was Quote's best friend.
-Jenka is his grandmother, another good person. She had dogs, and he got his doggy from her.
-Itoh is Quote's father, who was always escaping from the problems.
-Momorin is his friend's mother, she was very nice to him.

Also, sorry for my English, i am from Poland. Hope you like my theory anyway.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
It might be a good idea to add a few spaces between lines, I(and I guess I won't be the only one) am having trouble reading this due to being a massive wall of text.

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:33 PM
It might be a good idea to add a few spaces between lines, I(and I guess I won't be the only one) am having trouble reading this due to being a massive wall of text.
thanks for suggestion
EDIT: Done. No problem.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015 at 2:17 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
um I'm sure this is very well thought out and explained but
"he was dead/in a coma since the start and none of this is real!" theories are one of my least favorite things
purely because it's pretty much impossible for the creator to have intended anything like this
it's interesting as an... analogy, but trying to make it a legitimate theory tends to just end up painfully boring
so I kind of couldn't finish reading this

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Curly tells him that he's a terrible person, because he killed mimiga in the past
Curly never said that. She said that Quote came to kill the Mimiga, thinking this would count for every robot.
She learns that this is not true the difficult way though.

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:01 PM
Curly never said that. She said that Quote came to kill the Mimiga, thinking this would count for every robot.
She learns that this is not true the difficult way though.
Ok, thanks. BTW, i am making video version on YT of my theory. But it's very hard, so it will take some time. It'll be in polish, but i'll add subtitles.

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:30 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Quote is amnesiac drag queen confirmed

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Curly tells him that he probably killed mimiga in the past, like other killer robots. Then he's trying to kill his second personality, but it's too strong. Also, Curly is someone that he always wanted to be, happy, helpful and able to talk.
Curly also states that she probably was also a mimiga murdering robo herself.
Because Quote can't talk.
the idea behind the silent amnesiac protagonist is that the protagonist is the player. the player's words are the protagonist's words (I found this out from a interview of Pixel).
in the best ending, he saves all of his friends, and he stays alive to the end.
care to go into a little more detail on that? how does Ballos fit into this? When Misery sends Blargo to save Quote and Curly representaion that "Qoute's Mother" actually loved him this whole time? Is flying on Blargo representation that Qoute has accepted his past and himself and is moving forward?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2015 at 10:29 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I always hate it when my friends turn out to be delusionary fragments of my personality!

Hmm...
Then Balrog appears. Balrog is his 3rd personality, the bad one
Quote faces his 3 fears: Misery, his mother who never loved him
Does that mean Quote gets tired of collecting puppies for kind old Jenka, knocks her down and steals the key from her for... his Mom?
Then sees something horrifying in the "storehouse", might be a delusion or being caught by the Doctor, but it sends Quote into a spiraling depression into some dark Labyrinth. Or maybe locked up in the asylum..?

No wait...... Quote forced Toroko to do drugs...? then in front of his drug dealer boss and MOTHER (Doctor and misery), King storms in to save the day but gets shot by MOM... Toroko loses her mind and the dealer and leaves you to take care of
OMG WHAT ARE WE DOING TO CRAVE STORY!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2015 at 6:55 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I always hate it when my friends turn out to be delusionary fragments of my personality!

Hmm...

Does that mean Quote gets tired of collecting puppies for kind old Jenka, knocks her down and steals the key from her for... his Mom?
Then sees something horrifying in the "storehouse", might be a delusion or being caught by the Doctor, but it sends Quote into a spiraling depression into some dark Labyrinth. Or maybe locked up in the asylum..?

No wait...... Quote forced Toroko to do drugs...? then in front of his drug dealer boss and MOTHER (Doctor and misery), King storms in to save the day but gets shot by MOM... Toroko loses her mind and the dealer and leaves you to take care of
OMG WHAT ARE WE DOING TO CRAVE STORY!
It all makes sense now. The Doctor is Walter White growing his "red sky" flowers for the eager Mimigas. Quote must be the DEA's task force killbot.

This whole game is just an elaborate advertisement against doing drugs.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2015 at 4:03 AM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Misery is mother who hates Quote and sends him into the labyrinth Cave Story confirmed for Edmund McMillen's Binding of Isaac publicity stunt

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:21 PM
Ok lol this is so cringy I'm sorry XD

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:42 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ok lol this is so cringy I'm sorry XD
Wow, hard to believe this was three years ago.
I wouldn't beat yourself up over it too much, you're not unique. Even some of the most respected users had some mishaps in their early days.
Most of my older posts were somewhat cringeworthy looking back.
I think a lot of today's "quality" users were pretty insufferable when they first joined the forums... don't even get me started on GIRakaCHEEZER when he first joined.

I as well cringe somewhat at some of the posts I made six-and-a-half years ago...

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:54 PM
War criminal
In a way though, while the theory isn't the case at all, it was still quite the interesting take on the story. So while theory does feel silly to you now, keep in mind that many theorists make the most ridiculous theories too, sometimes (MatPat *cough cough*)

Sep 13, 2018 at 2:54 AM
Based Member
In a way though, while the theory isn't the case at all, it was still quite the interesting take on the story. So while theory does feel silly to you now, keep in mind that many theorists make the most ridiculous theories too, sometimes (MatPat *cough cough*)
A lot of people were also very fascinated with Quote99 and his theories. What made him especially charming was that he was 12 when he made most of his posts, and also that he's German and his English was a little bit broken.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 7:47 PM

what were some of them? I kinda want to read those actually

Sep 14, 2018 at 12:32 PM
Based Member
Sep 30, 2018 at 4:35 AM
maybe its cause when everyone's new they wanna make a good impression and then when they get comfortable they kinda dont try to be all nice all the time