My Screen Won't Stop Shaking, Help!

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So, a little while back I downloaded the DSi version from the Eshop on my 3DS....got the regular ending, then I decided to go for the good ending. I finally got good enough at Hell that I can get to Ballos, took me quite a few tries though, but NOW, randomly, as soon as I load my prefab building save to try and do it, the screen is shaking around as if I was outside getting the regular ending...I've tried using the bookcase to go outside and re-enter the building, tried starting a new game in a different slot and then going back to my old one, but still, there's this terrible annoying shaking, down underground in Hell where it SHOULDN'T be shaking...has anyone else experienced this? I'm on a 3DS, so it's not like I could apply a patch or anything, so I can't see any way this can be fixed anyway, it just sucks I have to do it all over again...anyway, looking through the other threads, I didn't see anyone else seeming to mention this, just wondering if this is a common glitch or what....thanks in advance for your replies! :)

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:36 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
It's supposed to happen, it simulates the island crumbling around the house as well as Hell.

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well it wasn't happening the first 60 times I played through Hell, it just randomly started happening....the house would be shaking, then I'd drop down the shaft into hell and the constant shaking would stop, I swear....Hell is supposed to stay steady....and actually, now that I think about it, when I'd load my save, the prefab building wouldn't be shaking either....when you load that final last possible save in the prefab building, it is NOT supposed to be shaking as if you were outside, and CERTAINLY not down in hell, I'm certain of it!

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well it wasn't happening the first 60 times I played through Hell, it just randomly started happening....the house would be shaking, then I'd drop down the shaft into hell and the constant shaking would stop, I swear....Hell is supposed to stay steady....and actually, now that I think about it, when I'd load my save, the prefab building wouldn't be shaking either....when you load that final last possible save in the prefab building, it is NOT supposed to be shaking as if you were outside, and CERTAINLY not down in hell, I'm certain of it!

No it is supposed to be shaking. Any time you were in hell and there was no shaking was probably a bug.

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Yeah, as far as I know, it's supposed to happen in the prefab house and throughout pretty much the entirety of hell.

Come to think of it though, I haven't paid any attention as to whether or not it happens in every single part of hell, or if it happens during the Ballos fight (I don't remember it being).

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hmmm....weird....cuz yeah, I must have played Hell at LEAST 100 times before I got to Ballos (Now it seems so much damn easier, ha!)...and even after the first two times I got to him, when I'd load my save, no shaking at all in Hell....at least I know that the shaking is normal...hmmm....I guess I'm gonna have to get used to it....darn! Well, thanks for the info guys, good to know!

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If I recall the shaking stops when you hit B3 onwards. So Prefab, B1 and B2 all shake.

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

See it's shaking the whole time. You might just get used to it by the time you reach B3.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Could you film your DSi? It could be some error loading the shake command when you load in a room starting with it (prefab house).

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It'll shake until Ballos or his dog...