Music Request

Jan 3, 2015 at 2:40 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Hello again! I have plans to create a very special mod that I hope some of us will get a kick out of.

Doctor Who Story!

Come on now! Don't tell me some of you didn't think about it when you saw that the main villain was called "the Doctor".

And don't worry, the Doctor will not be evil.

HOWEVER, I can't even get started without some help with a few aspects of the mod.

I need the following music turned into ORG tracks:

The Doctor's Theme (from the Ninth Doctor)
The Doctor Who Theme (there's a difference)
Westminister Bridge
UNIT Rocks
Seeking the Doctor

Links to the tracks here: Doctor Who Story Main Page

(P.S. If I posted this in the wrong place again, I'm sorry. I have no idea what I'm doing on these forums despite hovering around playing mods for... a year?... without making an account.)

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:05 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
no one is going to do this for you
you need to do it yourself

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:08 AM
Paths said:
no one is going to do this for you
you need to do it yourself
I am literally incapable of doing so. I have not got the talent to do it. I can do everything else except this. Because I'm not talented when it comes to these kinds of things.

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:10 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
then maybe you shouldn't do it??
I mean
most of the people that actually have those capabilities are either already working on something and therefore can not offer you the time and day or they see the project as irrational and won't do it
it's basically only the former

and if you aren't talented then maybe you should try to become talented and try to do them yourself and see what you come up with

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:12 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
SuperJaws100 said:
I am literally incapable of doing so. I have not got the talent to do it. I can do everything else except this. Because I'm not talented when it comes to these kinds of things.
Then, maybe take the time to learn how to do what your trying to do. You ever think of that?

EDIT: Dammit Paths, you beat me!

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:12 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I can make your song for you, but you need to provide to me a large amount of proof that you're hard at work on the mod and that you have a significant amount of work finished already. PM me if you have any more questions.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:12 AM
Parkraft123 said:
Then, maybe take the time to learn how to do what your trying to do. You ever think of that?

EDIT: Dammit Paths, you beat me!
Last I checked, most of the ORG maker on the website is in some non-English language, presumably Japanese. Meaning I can't use it. Additionally, I could theoretically make the sprites. However, I wouldn't know where to start in painting them. I am a terrible artist and do not have the artistic ability to make the sprites (which literally requires merely painting over the existing Doctor). It would turn out looking horrible. And I swear there was at least one (albeit now closed) thread where sprites (NPCs) could be requested.

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:12 AM
Been here way too long...
SuperJaws100 said:
I can do everything else except this.
By this, are you referring to mapping, level designing, scripting, dialogue writing, and stuff like that? If so, maybe you should try working on your mod for now with the original sprites as placeholders. If people see your progress and understand that you're serious about this, they're much more likely to help you. I wouldn't blame them, it's just that practically 99.9% of mods here are abandoned soon, so they don't want to put in effort for a lost cause. So yeah, it's probably best to show everyone that you're really on to something first.
And good luck!

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:43 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Tpcool said:
I can make your song for you, but you need to provide a large amount of proof that you're hard at work on the mod and that you have a significant amount of work finished already.

Do this, and people will come running to your side begging to help you.

/thread

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:14 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
You come in the forums and ask for people to make mods. Then you ask them to make sprites and sound.

But one thing you might need to know: there is a midi to org converter, so you can use that to get an idea of what the theme is like in orgmaker if you can find a midi of the song.

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:34 PM
IdioticBaka1824 said:
By this, are you referring to mapping, level designing, scripting, dialogue writing, and stuff like that? If so, maybe you should try working on your mod for now with the original sprites as placeholders. If people see your progress and understand that you're serious about this, they're much more likely to help you. I wouldn't blame them, it's just that practically 99.9% of mods here are abandoned soon, so they don't want to put in effort for a lost cause. So yeah, it's probably best to show everyone that you're really on to something first.
And good luck!
Good point. Alright then, this will give me time to work it all out. My plan is to cram as many Doctor Who references as possible into the mod, so this will give me time to figure out exactly what I'll need.

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:05 PM
Forever 12
funwillfunwill said:
But one thing you might need to know: there is a midi to org converter, so you can use that to get an idea of what the theme is like in orgmaker if you can find a midi of the song.
Funwillfunwill, I'm pretty sure the Midi to Org converter is broken, and barely converts the original midi.

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Parkraft123 said:
Funwillfunwill, I'm pretty sure the Midi to Org converter is broken, and barely converts the original midi.

Well, the Org to Midi converter works pretty well.

Jan 4, 2015 at 2:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's because midi files use a much more complex format than org files, and they have less limitations, so a measure of loss is more likely to occur for midi to org than for org to midi.

Jan 4, 2015 at 2:54 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
andwhyisit said:
That's because midi files use a much more complex format than org files, and they have less limitations, so a measure of loss is more likely to occur for midi to org than for org to midi.
That's true, but it's not an excuse for the output to be a haphazard arrangement of ear-splitting high-pitched notes that bear almost no resemblance whatsoever to the inputted midi.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM
HaydenStudios said:
That's true, but it's not an excuse for the output to be a haphazard arrangement of ear-splitting high-pitched notes that bear almost no resemblance whatsoever to the inputted midi.
Oh you should hear the blasphemy that comes out when you put a midi of the Doctor Who theme in there... my friend was downstairs in the bathroom while I was testing it and he came running upstairs with his pants half down asking what the hell exploded.

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
SuperJaws100 said:
Oh you should hear the blasphemy that comes out when you put a midi of the Doctor Who theme in there... my friend was downstairs in the bathroom while I was testing it and he came running upstairs with his pants half down asking what the hell exploded.
Lol. Midi to Org converter sucks. I couldn't get the stupid thing to work at all.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:14 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
SuperJaws100 said:
here's an idea
learn to

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:57 PM
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
here's an idea
learn to
Since when can artistic ability be taught?