MultiCave - Cave Story Multiplayer

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:03 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
An ip address is a unique identifier for an internet connection by a modem or gateway issued for the duration in which it is connected to the internet. Any computers/devices connected to the same modem/gateway will share the same ip address. Anything that connects to the internet needs to be issued an ip address, and that includes web servers (where website data is stored), which are really just computers that are always on and connected to the net. In order for an online multiplayer to work it needs to connect to a remote server, and the simplest way to identify the server is though it's IP address, which acts as a unique identifier for that server's internet connection.

Unless you guys are talking about IP instead of ip addresses.

Aug 8, 2015 at 12:21 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
IP: Address on your network. Example: What you use when creating a minecraft server.

IP: Intellectual property. Not just one entry in a series (if it is a series for that matter) but many times is the whole franchise, including books, films, music, video games, and more. It gets more complicated with things like Middle Earth, where certain film rights are owned by different people. They are all intellectual property though. A single song is IP, but an entity can buy the whole artist's work as a whole IP. Example: Fallout franchise. Owned by Zenimax.

Aug 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Wow! That's really nifty!

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:36 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
emm I not understand how it works you explain me how to use the programs?

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:12 PM
Novice Member
Hi, I joined this forum because of MultiCave! :D

Anyway, I downloaded the server and main game but I have NO IDEA what i'm doing. If someone could make a tutorial I would be really grateful! :mrgreen:

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:03 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Hi, I joined this forum because of MultiCave! :D

Anyway, I downloaded the server and main game but I have NO IDEA what i'm doing. If someone could make a tutorial I would be really grateful! :mrgreen:
Nobody is on the server, nore do I think that its actually working yet

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:55 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Just tried it in single player to test it out, and noticed a few issues I find worth pointing out. First, the framerate in First Cave is horrible, and it gets worse when acquiring an item. Secondly, all the Mimiga skins are missing some frames, and turn into Quote when looking up or down (Up when moving, down when jumping for the black Mimiga). Thirdly, The jumping seems slightly off, as I had a lot more trouble with the first jump over water than I normally do. Regardless, I look forward to this mod's completion. I would've played it today if it were in a more complete state.

PS: If you would like assistance, I wouldn't mind helping, though I'm not the best with coding.

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:08 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I've always loved the idea of a multiplayer Cave Story. I even considered making a small experimental thing in GM : S but that would take a while because I am already working on a programming project right now plus I would have to do some hard Skype chatting with my friends convincing them to help (Many of my friends find Cave Story boring... uhg.) but hey! Apparently it's already been done. I will definitely try this out!

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:21 AM
Novice Member
Neat idea, but does it have controller support?

Jan 24, 2016 at 12:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
do I get to say "I told ya so" yet

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:20 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
sorry I just had all this extra salt lying around and thought this thread could use some

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Has this been abandoned? I'll wait as long as it takes, I just want to know if it's going anywhere or not.