Movie script

Dec 30, 2007 at 10:22 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Kageryushin said:
Truthfully, though, Atravir may have just become the Uwe Boll of Cave Story.

That's harsh, dude. Mega punch and fly kick are too kind.

Dec 30, 2007 at 5:37 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
fatguy said:
That's harsh, dude. Mega punch and fly kick are too kind.

oh well... then how about

*up yours*

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:16 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Metalogz said:
oh well... then how about

*up yours*

actually just be quiet kag is just doing this so that exact thing happens.....

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:40 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
What!? Me!? Reduced to a mere troll!? HOW DARE YOU!? Hmph! To think that you lowly scum could ever compare me to such… Amateurs! How disrespectful!

I suppose that all good forums need some, or, rather, a major one, eh? Anyway, is my appearance just one big alert for everyone to go off Topic? I was really just trying to share my opinion this time, on subject, no less, and look at the occurrence! Fine, I guess I’m content playing the role of the antagonist for now, but really, I suggest someone start a heated debate against my aforementioned opinion, lest my interferences become giant Topic-closers for all eternity, and I don’t want to be deprived of fresh meat just yet.

Dec 30, 2007 at 10:02 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Kageryushin said:
Haha. Teeheehee. Hilarious. Truthfully, though, Atravir may have just become the Uwe Boll of Cave Story. The script, though relatively decent, will never receive a chance to be showcased anyway. Let's be realistic here. Or pessimistic. Whichever. It's extremely unlikely this project will ever be fulfilled to the point where it becomes animated. Wishful thinking will get you nowhere. I’ll give Atravir props for his angles, but generally, the material is lacking.

You're late.
I've already said no movie will be made unless someone makes it themself. (an unlikely scenario, at best)
No point stirring up this thread.

Anyway, just to be constructive, have anyone of you guys considered recreating just a single or few select parts of the game?
I don't know how much animation/visual art experience anyone of you have got, but that kind of thing can be pulled of in a reasonable timeframe by a single person depending on animation style, skill and method.

It also has the added benefit of being possible.

Dec 30, 2007 at 10:53 PM
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
You're late.
I've already said no movie will be made unless someone makes it themself. (an unlikely scenario, at best)
No point stirring up this thread.

My cynical rant was more hope and self esteem destroying. So there.

Dec 31, 2007 at 5:20 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Anyway, just to be constructive, have anyone of you guys considered recreating just a single or few select parts of the game?
I don't know how much animation/visual art experience anyone of you have got, but that kind of thing can be pulled of in a reasonable timeframe by a single person depending on animation style, skill and method.
I've looked into making small animations, and found that there is some powerful software out there for just that. With animation engines, I myself could make a full-length movie in about 1-2 years.

Kageryushin said:
Haha. Teeheehee. Hilarious. Truthfully, though, Atravir may have just become the Uwe Boll of Cave Story. The script, though relatively decent, will never receive a chance to be showcased anyway. Let's be realistic here. Or pessimistic. Whichever. It's extremely unlikely this project will ever be fulfilled to the point where it becomes animated. Wishful thinking will get you nowhere. I’ll give Atravir props for his angles, but generally, the material is lacking.
This has been established, time and time again. And since it's evident that you did not bother to read farther than the first few pages, I get the honors of explaining it. Again.
I originally started this project for fun. I like to write. I posted a thread on this forum and it exploded. You'd be amazed at how many people actually believe in this thing, and at least a hundred who would be willing to donate to it. That's not saying much on movie scales, I know, but nevertheless.
Whether this thing stays a cheesy script posted on the internet or a full length animation really doesn't matter to me. If you would have even read the title of the thread, it happens to be "Movie Script", not "OMG Full-fledged Cave Story Movie!!!". The script is just what it is: a script. No movie, no production, just a script.
Now, Kageryushin. If this provides a decent answer, please take your little temper tantrum elsewhere. This thread if for critiquing the script, not denouncing it.

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:24 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Kageryushin said:
What!? Me!? Reduced to a mere troll!? HOW DARE YOU!? Hmph! To think that you lowly scum could ever compare me to such… Amateurs! How disrespectful!

I suppose that all good forums need some, or, rather, a major one, eh? Anyway, is my appearance just one big alert for everyone to go off Topic? I was really just trying to share my opinion this time, on subject, no less, and look at the occurrence! Fine, I guess I’m content playing the role of the antagonist for now, but really, I suggest someone start a heated debate against my aforementioned opinion, lest my interferences become giant Topic-closers for all eternity, and I don’t want to be deprived of fresh meat just yet.

D:

*wedgie*

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:59 AM
Atravir said:
This has been established, time and time again. And since it's evident that you did not bother to read farther than the first few pages, I get the honors of explaining it. Again.
I originally started this project for fun. I like to write. I posted a thread on this forum and it exploded. You'd be amazed at how many people actually believe in this thing, and at least a hundred who would be willing to donate to it. That's not saying much on movie scales, I know, but nevertheless.
Whether this thing stays a cheesy script posted on the internet or a full length animation really doesn't matter to me. If you would have even read the title of the thread, it happens to be "Movie Script", not "OMG Full-fledged Cave Story Movie!!!". The script is just what it is: a script. No movie, no production, just a script.
Now, Kageryushin. If this provides a decent answer, please take your little temper tantrum elsewhere. This thread if for critiquing the script, not denouncing it.

Oh. Look. A baseless claims. Oh well, I guess the first fifty pages aren’t good enough for some people. At least someone actually bothered fighting back instead of posting a random joke response. Despite the title and original goal of the project, which I initially found quite admirable, the stupid and unrealistic ambition to actually animate the mediocre manuscript was just too much to bear. These repulsive ideas continued for as long as I read, and, in my opinion, I read for quite a commendable amount of time, so can you really blame me? Yes. As a matter of fact, yes you can, but it still doesn’t address the issue that your script is sub par regardless, though, if possible, I’d like to see more of it, if only to make my point more credible.

Now to address the delusions of grandeur, which I sincerely hope you voiced as seriously as I do my own, which isn’t very, because if they were, I didn’t see it. So… At least one hundred people would be willing to fervently donate money to you so that you can pursue the making of a movie using this script? Are you being serious here, or is this just an exaggeration? I mean, really, I present a question to you all, who here would openly and realistic donate money if they had the ability to do so? Hell, who even has the access to money that would allow them to do so? I mean, unless you’re talking about acquaintances IRL, I don’t think an enormous amount of people do, because, really, like most Topics on this Forum, this was almost solely kept alive by the same troupe of people.

Of course, using certain programs, the entire project doesn’t even need to cost a penny, I mean, unless you need to buy the program. Still, you’d need someone with the expertise to actually operate the thing. Then again, you yourself denounce the script’s ability to become anything but, which I admit is what I was the main thing I’ve been saying from the beginning. Oh well.

BTW, where’d you get the idea that I was ever in a “tantrum?” Dude. Internet.

Dec 31, 2007 at 8:36 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
The way you guys are acting, you can't go to any other major communities. Seeing as this is common on the internet. Hell, I have an awesome friend that goes by the name of Joshua Garrison, you guys probably haven't heard of him, but hell, he is epic. And worse than Kageryushin. He gets banned at least twice a month. :/

Dec 31, 2007 at 8:44 AM
jcys810 said:
The way you guys are acting, you can't go to any other major communities. Seeing as this is common on the internet. Hell, I have an awesome friend that goes by the name of Joshua Garrison, you guys probably haven't heard of him, but hell, he is epic. And worse than Kageryushin. He gets banned at least twice a month. :/

Oh please. I don't want to be too bad... Lest my welcome wear too thin.

Dec 31, 2007 at 11:33 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
jcys810 said:

one of my friend just does that sorta thing for kicks because its funny to piss off people >_>

Dec 31, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Justin-chan
Oh please. I don't want to be too bad... Lest my welcome wear too thin.
lolk
one of my friend just does that sorta thing for kicks because its funny to piss off people >_>
ololololol

Dec 31, 2007 at 3:36 PM
Respwnt
Ok, Ok, we got all your points, now lets move on with the discussion or let this thread go unposted in until the great Andwhy arrives. Seriously, all this is getting nowhere, and I'd have expected someone who can post a whole page of trash and still think they're being reasonable to at least take the time to actually point out where the script lacks, instead of simply mentioning how little potential the script has.

Dec 31, 2007 at 3:37 PM
Guy with Sword
Oh. Look. A baseless claims. Oh well, I guess the first fifty pages aren’t good enough for some people. At least someone actually bothered fighting back instead of posting a random joke response. Despite the title and original goal of the project, which I initially found quite admirable, the stupid and unrealistic ambition to actually animate the mediocre manuscript was just too much to bear. These repulsive ideas continued for as long as I read, and, in my opinion, I read for quite a commendable amount of time, so can you really blame me? Yes. As a matter of fact, yes you can, but it still doesn’t address the issue that your script is sub par regardless, though, if possible, I’d like to see more of it, if only to make my point more credible.

Now to address the delusions of grandeur, which I sincerely hope you voiced as seriously as I do my own, which isn’t very, because if they were, I didn’t see it. So… At least one hundred people would be willing to fervently donate money to you so that you can pursue the making of a movie using this script? Are you being serious here, or is this just an exaggeration? I mean, really, I present a question to you all, who here would openly and realistic donate money if they had the ability to do so? Hell, who even has the access to money that would allow them to do so? I mean, unless you’re talking about acquaintances IRL, I don’t think an enormous amount of people do, because, really, like most Topics on this Forum, this was almost solely kept alive by the same troupe of people.

Of course, using certain programs, the entire project doesn’t even need to cost a penny, I mean, unless you need to buy the program. Still, you’d need someone with the expertise to actually operate the thing. Then again, you yourself denounce the script’s ability to become anything but, which I admit is what I was the main thing I’ve been saying from the beginning. Oh well.

Yes, this thread became the place of no apparent topic after about the tenth page, since I stopped actually posting script updated until this Christmas. This I cannot blame you for, although the point still resides that this topic been stated before.
There was actually a petition a while back that I posted, but later look off because of spamming. Before that, though, I had about 160 posts on it, but do to this being said internet I can really only assume about half of them were actually there for a reason. This petition, aside from one nasty excursion on the livejournal, has never really been publicized, not really even to the people on this forum, unless they had been following this thread, so there are probably many others out there who would support the project as well. Again, this is not saying much on the standard of a movie, but the fact still rests that there are some people who think this to be a good idea.
I never said that the script does not have the ability to become more, I personally think it does. I stated that I would write it whether it does or not.
This debate boils down to one of the main guidelines of the internet: If you don't like it, don't read it. As much as I dislike wrestling, I don't go onto a wrestling forum and tell them that it sucks. Through your whole "rant", all you did was express your opinion on how you think project this will fail. I'm sure it made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but if you really dislike the idea that much, why are you still here? For that matter, do you really even care about Cave Story? The only constructive thing you have ever posted was that you like Jenka's Nightmare, but besides that, all you've done is either publicize your opinions of disgust or directly flame other users. If you just want attention or something, get it somewhere else.

Kageryushin said:
BTW, where’d you get the idea that I was ever in a “tantrum?”
Kageryushin said:
My cynical rant was more hope and self esteem destroying.
Rant, tantrum, same thing.

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:19 PM
Atravir said:
Yes, this thread became the place of no apparent topic after about the tenth page, since I stopped actually posting script updated until this Christmas. This I cannot blame you for, although the point still resides that this topic been stated before.
There was actually a petition a while back that I posted, but later look off because of spamming. Before that, though, I had about 160 posts on it, but do to this being said internet I can really only assume about half of them were actually there for a reason. This petition, aside from one nasty excursion on the livejournal, has never really been publicized, not really even to the people on this forum, unless they had been following this thread, so there are probably many others out there who would support the project as well. Again, this is not saying much on the standard of a movie, but the fact still rests that there are some people who think this to be a good idea.
I never said that the script does not have the ability to become more, I personally think it does. I stated that I would write it whether it does or not.
This debate boils down to one of the main guidelines of the internet: If you don't like it, don't read it. As much as I dislike wrestling, I don't go onto a wrestling forum and tell them that it sucks. Through your whole "rant", all you did was express your opinion on how you think project this will fail. I'm sure it made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but if you really dislike the idea that much, why are you still here? For that matter, do you really even care about Cave Story? The only constructive thing you have ever posted was that you like Jenka's Nightmare, but besides that, all you've done is either publicize your opinions of disgust or directly flame other users. If you just want attention or something, get it somewhere else.

Okay, okay, fine. I admit my endeavors at this point are pointless. I digress...

Atravir said:
Rant, tantrum, same thing.

Well, no, not exactly. Rant can be taken as any old exhausted argument.

Dec 31, 2007 at 8:35 PM
Guy with Sword
Kageryushin said:
Well, no, not exactly. Rant can be taken as any old exhausted argument.
Rant (rănt): To utter or express with violence or extravagance:
a dictator who ranted his vitriol onto a captive audience.

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Atravir said:
Rant (rănt): To utter or express with violence or extravagance:
a dictator who ranted his vitriol onto a captive audience.

In the context that I was writing in, my definition unconditionally trumps yours. Just stop trying.

Jan 1, 2008 at 6:30 AM
Respwnt
@ Atravir: This guy is a jerque. I doubt he'll be able to contain his happiness once his ban is on. Now would you please stop taking offense to trash, and stop playing this thread off the track. It's what he wants. By now he should've got the message. If he is that slow, it's his fuxorin personality glitch, not ours, and definitely not of the longest thread in CS forums.

@ Rest: Reply to the meaningful, ignore the posts obviously aimed at causing disruption. As long as Kag aint a mod, he has no power to make sure we read his posts. And Kag, if you do have a change of heart, you can apologise through a respected member, preferably someone active in this thread, like XristosX or Andwhy. Till then you are an outcast, and deserve to be.

@ All: Stop unloading your crap or stop posting here till andwhy returns and helps get things under control. If you have a problem with someone enough to defacate in the 120 pages + thread, you have the PM service to get your point across. I know I'm not a mod, but I want the situation under control so that we don't have a fully fledged world flame war which always results in a topic being locked.

Jan 2, 2008 at 12:40 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
@ Atravir: This guy is a jerque. I doubt he'll be able to contain his happiness once his ban is on. Now would you please stop taking offense to trash, and stop playing this thread off the track. It's what he wants. By now he should've got the message. If he is that slow, it's his fuxorin personality glitch, not ours, and definitely not of the longest thread in CS forums.

i agree with the not replying to trash its just to get a reaction :)

Roonil Wazlib said:
@ Rest: Reply to the meaningful, ignore the posts obviously aimed at causing disruption. As long as Kag aint a mod, he has no power to make sure we read his posts. And Kag, if you do have a change of heart, you can apologise through a respected member, preferably someone active in this thread, like XristosX or Andwhy. Till then you are an outcast, and deserve to be.

does disruption count as my sometimes meaningless posts? :p