Move Skype/IRC chat to Discord

May 27, 2016 at 5:12 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Link to the discord CSTSF chat : https://discord.gg/0l4989hIisKn4fJ6

Original post:
Because Discord is so much better in every way;

Multiple rooms; (including multiple voice chat rooms)

More organized

Twice as simple to set up an account as skype

Can run on any device or in your browser

https://discordapp.com/

Last edited:
May 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
We already have.

May 27, 2016 at 5:52 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
you people still use the IRC room??

May 27, 2016 at 8:34 PM
Professional Whatever
I dream of a day where I can keep Skype closed forever

May 31, 2016 at 8:19 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I uninstalled Skype from my nook and now I have 1/5 of my space back.

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:19 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I dream of a day where I can keep Skype closed forever
I dream of a day when people don't act like a cunt over petty things, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:24 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I dream of a day when people don't act like a cunt over petty things, but I'm not holding my breath.
i dream of a day where you don't act pathetic over a moderator telling you to stop making everyone uncomfortable like you always do and stop being an offtopic rambler :))
i guess that's just me though

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:28 PM
Professional Whatever
There are rules that you need to follow. It's not like he removed you immediately, he gave you warning after warning to stop your behaviour.

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:38 PM
i dream of a day where you don't act pathetic over a moderator telling you to stop making everyone uncomfortable like you always do and stop being an offtopic rambler :))
i guess that's just me though
I dream of a day where people aren't made uncomfortable by the word "boobs" being said in an innocuous context.
Moreover, if I made you uncomfortable, I apologize for that. But I'm also certain that your opinion on the matter is hardly indicative of the general opinion. If it is, show me a little consensus (be it logs or all y'all posting saying "you're a freak dude" in response to this post) and I'll happily swallow my own foot.

There are rules that you need to follow. It's not like he removed you immediately, he gave you warning after warning to stop your behaviour.
I refuse to abide by unwritten rules; the rules as written are vague beyond reason. Additionally, being subject to the arbitrary judgement of a small handful of in such matters individuals isn't to my liking, especially when the handful of individuals has the collective maturity of a 7 year old with a biology textbook and a Sharpie - not trying to justify, merely making an observation.

And I'm going to belabor this point. See, "don't be a dick" and "the staff are always right" (Paraphrasing. Boom.) aren't rules. Those are barely guidelines. Sure, I can respect the spirit of the message, "be excellent to each other" and all that, but there is no substance there. It isn't stated anywhere that there's a G-rating required for general chatting, or that art has to be drawn or sketched. It isn't stated that there are forbidden topics, or that mistakes in posting caused by a shitty phone are still grounds for a ban. In essence, the "rules" as they are written are no better than "do as we say or GTFO". So really, why not make those the rules and save a hundred characters of text?

But I digress, it is of little consequence that you removed me for two main reasons. The first is that I could easily circumvent the ban should the need arise, and there is little you could do to stop me short of banning every new person to join (not that I actually care enough to put the effort required in at this point, seeing as there is no one in the chat who I'd actually care to talk to). And the second, and more important point, is that you have demonstrated something telling of the state of the community: I'm in the dinosaurs category and really don't belong here any longer. Of course I've known that for some time, but no one really likes to admit they're old. So I thank you for that insight, such as it is. :)

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:48 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
I refuse to abide by unwritten rules; the rules as written are vague beyond reason. Additionally, being subject to the arbitrary judgement of a small handful of in such matters individuals isn't to my liking, especially when the handful of individuals has the collective maturity of a 7 year old with a biology textbook and a Sharpie - not trying to justify, merely making an observation.

And I'm going to belabor this point. See, "don't be a dick" and "the staff are always right" (Paraphrasing. Boom.) aren't rules. Those are barely guidelines. Sure, I can respect the spirit of the message, "be excellent to each other" and all that, but there is no substance there. It isn't stated anywhere that there's a G-rating required for general chatting, or that art has to be drawn or sketched. It isn't stated that there are forbidden topics, or that mistakes in posting caused by a shitty phone are still grounds for a ban. In essence, the "rules" as they are written are no better than "do as we say or GTFO". So really, why not make those the rules and save a hundred characters of text?
"Rules 1 and 2 - Don't be a dick" should be pretty obvious.

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:52 PM
Professional Whatever
I will bring the state of the rules up with the staff.

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:55 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I dream of a day where people aren't made uncomfortable by the word "boobs" being said in an innocuous context.

And I'm going to belabor this point. See, "don't be a dick" and "the staff are always right" (Paraphrasing. Boom.) aren't rules. Those are barely guidelines. Sure, I can respect the spirit of the message, "be excellent to each other" and all that, but there is no substance there. ... In essence, the "rules" as they are written are no better than "do as we say or GTFO". So really, why not make those the rules and save a hundred characters of text?

you know im gonna be honest man the reason people didnt appreciate your posts in #creative_works isnt because we're scared of boobs they were just shitty photographs. photography is art but yours seemed kinda random and meh. although in my opinion i dont think 'meh' art should even be grounds for 'stop posting there' (i even argued as such) anyway but i digress, i'm not in charge.

also, it aint a democracy. if the rules are "dont be a dick" and "the staff are always right" you really have no choice but to deal. i like to think that the staff is very fair about how they handle their power, and they've proven to me repeatedly that they handle it well. keep in mind that you hadn't done anything bannable up until you pm'd a mod and said what you said. just because it doesnt happen in the group itself doesnt mean its not crossing a line that applies to the group.

also, you do have history. there was bias. but its not because of how long you've been around, otherwise why would noxid or others be in the discord? its just because of how you act. people old and new alike can fit in the group just fine. if you can't, that's on you.

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:27 PM
-Snip- they were just shitty photographs. photography is art but yours seemed kinda random and meh. although in my opinion i dont think 'meh' art should even be grounds for 'stop posting there' (i even argued as such) anyway but i digress, i'm not in charge.
Yeah, I ain't the best at it, I will admit. Thanks though.
It also doesn't help that half the time my phone posted the wrong pictures because it's retarded when it's charging. I'm just lucky it didn't slip into the NSFW folder. >.>

also, it aint a democracy. -Snip-
I never expect democracy, but if it's going to be an autocracy I will insist it be clearly defined.
... Or else it's a dictatorship, which is something that should not be tolerated on principle.

also, you do have history. there was bias. but its not because of how long you've been around -Snip- people old and new alike can fit in the group just fine. if you can't, that's on you.
Everyone has history, good or bad. People also change.
And it isn't so much about the difference in, errr, age, but rather that the subgroup I did mesh with (such as I do mesh with anyone) is long gone.

"Rules 1 and 2 - Don't be a dick" should be pretty obvious.
Having studied contract law and legal precedents somewhat, I implore you to hire a lawyer if the need ever arises. :p
Saying something "should be obvious" is never a good defense. To wit:
p216840-0-2eba21e638de86e127d4e6ccc1d3a809.jpg
And while that does imply a confession of a lack of common sense on my part, I put it to you: Define what being a dick is in a way that everyone can agree upon. If you can't do that, how can I abide by the rules? Vagueness is a double edged sword - it allows you to enforce something arbitrarily, but it also leaves it open to interpretation - in contract law, vagueness in a contract is nigh universally settled in favor of the one who didn't draft the contract, for how could they know the intention of the drafting party?

I will bring the state of the rules up with the staff.
Meh. If you want to.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2016 at 9:35 PM
Professional Whatever
You start whining about how the rules aren't clearly defined and chew everyone out for the chat not being what you expected it to be, and then act apathetic when someone tries to consider your point of view and improve things. Make up your goddamn mind.

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:45 PM
You start whining about how the rules aren't clearly defined and chew everyone out for the chat not being what you expected it to be, and then act apathetic when someone tries to consider your point of view and improve things. Make up your goddamn mind.
I'm apathetic because I won't be returning to the chat. Good on you if you do get the rules changed though.

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:46 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Having studied contract law and legal precedents somewhat, I implore you to hire a lawyer if the need ever arises. :p
Saying something "should be obvious" is never a good defense. To wit:
p216840-0-2eba21e638de86e127d4e6ccc1d3a809.jpg
And while that does imply a confession of a lack of common sense on my part, I put it to you: Define what being a dick is in a way that everyone can agree upon. If you can't do that, how can I abide by the rules? Vagueness is a double edged sword - it allows you to enforce something arbitrarily, but it also leaves it open to interpretation - in contract law, vagueness in a contract is nigh universally settled in favor of the one who didn't draft the contract, for how could they know the intention of the drafting party?
"Don't be a dick" could be interpreted in many ways. These ways include "don't make attacks on people", "don't act in an inappropriate manor" and any other phrase that has either of these meanings. There may be other interpretations, but I think society has made it very clear that one should interpret it as the ones I've listed when no clarification is given. I think that falls under common sense

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:03 PM
"Don't be a dick" could be interpreted in many ways. These ways include "don't make attacks on people", "don't act in an inappropriate manor" and any other phrase that has either of these meanings. There may be other interpretations, but I think society has made it very clear that one should interpret it as the ones I've listed when no clarification is given. I think that falls under common sense
And an inappropriate manner is...?

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:08 PM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Moreover, if I made you uncomfortable, I apologize for that. But I'm also certain that your opinion on the matter is hardly indicative of the general opinion. If it is, show me a little consensus (be it logs or all y'all posting saying "you're a freak dude" in response to this post) and I'll happily swallow my own foot.

But I digress, it is of little consequence that you removed me for two main reasons. The first is that I could easily circumvent the ban should the need arise, and there is little you could do to stop me short of banning every new person to join (not that I actually care enough to put the effort required in at this point, seeing as there is no one in the chat who I'd actually care to talk to). And the second, and more important point, is that you have demonstrated something telling of the state of the community: I'm in the dinosaurs category and really don't belong here any longer. Of course I've known that for some time, but no one really likes to admit they're old. So I thank you for that insight, such as it is. :)

Well we're all aware you're kind of insane since the day you made your leave. You weren't appreciated for the shit you did then and you're most certainly not appreciated here now.

Welcome to 2016.

Last edited: