More help for the newbie

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:01 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I need some help with tile editing in Sue's Workshop. Thanks.
P.S. Can someone give me the full Mimiga Village script? I acciddentally deleted mine. Thanks.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:07 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
SPECIFICS, MAN, SPECIFICS.

Sue's tileset editor ONLY EDITS TILESET PHYSICS, just so we're clear on that, kay?

If you want to edit the tileset IMAGES, go to your mod's "data->stage" subfolder and find the file that's titled "prt[the tileset].pbm" make a copy of it and simply rename it to a .bmp, ignore the warning message if it comes up, just press OK. Voila. It's a bitmap. Edit it in an image editting program. When done, just save, rename back to a .pbm, open it up in a hex editor (do a forum search on that) and add the "(c)Pixel" to the very end, save it again, copy it back into the data->stage folder, and use it.

And I think I told you this last time, just open up your original copy of Cave Story in Sue's, open the script, ctrl-A ctrl-C it, and paste it back into your mod's Mimiga Village script.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:10 AM
Lyger said:
SPECIFICS, MAN, SPECIFICS.

Sue's tileset editor ONLY EDITS TILESET PHYSICS, just so we're clear on that, kay?

If you want to edit the tileset IMAGES, go to your mod's "data->stage" subfolder and find the file that's titled "prt[the tileset].pbm" make a copy of it and simply rename it to a .bmp, ignore the warning message if it comes up, just press OK. Voila. It's a bitmap. Edit it in an image editting program. When done, just save, rename back to a .pbm, open it up in a hex editor (do a forum search on that) and add the "(c)Pixel" to the very end, save it again, copy it back into the data->stage folder, and use it.

And I think I told you this last time, just open up your original copy of Cave Story in Sue's, open the script, ctrl-A ctrl-C it, and paste it back into your mod's Mimiga Village script.
Your awesome, but 2 things.
1.I don't have a back up game...
2. I'm going to need sub-titles. Basically, all I need to know is:
a) how to get water tiles into all levels
b) how to make the water flow like in Waterway.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:21 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
1. Then redownload a copy of Cave Story!
2. Add the water images in your image editting program, and use the tileset editor to alter the physics for those tiles so they become water and water currents! Just look at the symbols, they're VERY obvious. The box with the arrow and the wavy lines? Yeah, that's water current?

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:22 AM
Lyger said:
1. Then redownload a copy of Cave Story!
2. Add the water images in your image editting program, and use the tileset editor to alter the physics for those tiles so they become water and water currents! Just look at the symbols, they're VERY obvious. The box with the arrow and the wavy lines? Yeah, that's water current?
Okay, I tried.
1. Tileset editor
2. Select water+current
3. Hit Ok with check
but it won't work.
How doI activate it?

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:30 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Buh? In the upper half you select the tile you want to change, and then in the lower half you pick the symbol that describes the physics you want to use for that tile.

Just so you know the actual image in that tile slot won't matter; it gets completely replaced with the current image in the npc folder. That's why it's just arrows on the tileset.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:35 AM
Lyger said:
Buh? In the upper half you select the tile you want to change, and then in the lower half you pick the symbol that describes the physics you want to use for that tile.

Just so you know the actual image in that tile slot won't matter; it gets completely replaced with the current image in the npc folder. That's why it's just arrows on the tileset.
Okay, I think I get it, but when I try to add it it won't select. It alsoi won't show on my tile select screen.