Moonsomething [VRC6]

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oops, I forgot about this place for a while. Hi, I'm TOASTERBRO, and I like stuff!

I made this little remix of Moonsong on Famitracker a few months back. For a lack of a better title, I call it Moonsomething (because just MOONSONG D-CKS REMIX as I originally sought to call it is just kind of rude.) I'm not exactly 'good' at FT, but I tried my best and it sounds pretty good to me.

Starts out pretty slow, but it'll get to the good parts soon enough. Enjoy, and many ghost cats shooting white balloons.

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Oops, I forgot about this place for a while. Hi, I'm TOASTERBRO, and I like stuff!

I made this little remix of Moonsong on Famitracker a few months back. For a lack of a better title, I call it Moonsomething (because just MOONSONG D-CKS REMIX as I originally sought to call it is just kind of rude.) I'm not exactly 'good' at FT, but I tried my best and it sounds pretty good to me.

Starts out pretty slow, but it'll get to the good parts soon enough. Enjoy, and many ghost cats shooting white balloons.

Fixed the youtube thing for you; you're just supposed to copy the bit AFTER the watch?v=

As for the music itself, it was pretty cool once you got into it about 1/3 of the way through, though the beginning could really use something to make it less boring and make it "breathe" a little bit. Maybe mess around with volume envelopes or filters or something. I also wish the ending weren't so abrupt.

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It doesn't look fixed to meeeeeeee.

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It doesn't look fixed to meeeeeeee.
Fixed the youtube thing for you; you're just supposed to copy the bit AFTER the watch?v=

As for the music itself, it was pretty cool once you got into it about 1/3 of the way through, though the beginning could really use something to make it less boring and make it "breathe" a little bit. Maybe mess around with volume envelopes or filters or something. I also wish the ending weren't so abrupt.

Hah, sorry. I'm not really that good with BBCode either....

I agree, the beginning did turn out a bit lame and quiet, and I could've done something better with it. As far as I can remember, I was going for one of those kind of slow beginning songs that get better after about 30 seconds of waiting.

If I knew how to work DCPM then, too, I would've been able to add some better percussion instead of the Mega Man triangle BWOOOoooop BWOOOOooop sounds. The abrupt ending is probably a result of me being dumb and using the shorter version instead of the part that loops the better section twice.

Thanks for the critiques! :0a I think I got carried away with the little flaws, though.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Not bad, bro.

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Now guys, let's not argue who's better at making music for me. All donations are generously accepted.

I like your rendition of Moonsong, it's definitely one of the best ones I've heard; and I've heard a hell of a lot of Moonsong remixes.