Mod Ideas?

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:24 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hey guys! I'm new to the Fourms and i need a new mod idea. Either "Cave Story 2" "Paranorman" or "Adventure Time". What do you guys think?

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Please post threads in the correct section
I have moved it
Thanks

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
SonicDoom, it sounds like you already have mod ideas—three in fact.

Cave Story 2 has already been done at least once or twice. That's not to say that you can't try your own hand at it and come up with something different, but it's not the most original of ideas. Also, story-based mods have the challenge of syncing up (or not) with the original story. If you're interested in putting together an interesting storyline, it might be best to do something new that doesn't have to do with the original CS story.

That being said, I don't know what you might have in mind for a "Paranorman" or "Adventure Time" mod. I think I saw a commercial for something called "Paranorman" while I was watching the Olympics last week, but I don't know anything about it so I imagine that you could do just about whatever you want with those ideas.

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Adventure Time, sure. That could end up being one hilarious adventure.

Also, everything Mosaic said.

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Adventure Time mod for CS could work awesomely.

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hardcore cave story FPS.

"Pew Pew"

Or you could add animals that you could have as pets to cave story, make it so that you could have special attributes. Turn cave story into a typical RPG. Tons of things you can do.

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I may be wrong about this, but I expect you would need a completely new game engine to make an FPS based on CS. Actually, from what I remember, I think people have done CS-like things in Team Fortress 2.

Also, I expect the pet idea would require massive assembly hacking. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
True. I could try copying the Curly Brace AI from the laybrinth battle to make pets. That might be a problem though...